« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2013, 03:14:53 pm »
Hey guys, here's the script for the role play

• 한소로
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 07:50:46 am
    more
Re: (YBM Maria Oh) Grade 6, Lesson 1 - "I'm in the Sixth Grade"
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2013, 10:53:58 am »
I turned the 'play together' on page 13 into a battleship game that requires no preparation. All the stickers are found in the back of the book and you just have the students stick them to the school in the picture.

I have the students using only half of the stickers, but if you want the game to last longer, just use them all.

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2013, 01:53:25 pm »
Hi everyone. This is my 2nd semester teaching. Waygook help me a great deal last year so this semester I want to try and give back as much as I can. So I was trying to find a reading game that would work for both my village schools and my big public school (no PPT), and I came up with a game I'm going to call "Slap the Deck". This game is inspired by the card game "Slap Jack".

1. Print out and laminate cards with all the vocab words as well as all the words used for each target sentence ( See the attachment)
2. Students work in pairs. The students must divide their deck for two players.
3. Teacher will write a sentence or more than three words from the lesson on the board.
4. Students will do rock, paper, scissor to decide who goes first.
5. Students must hold their cards so that they can't see the side with the words on it.
6. First student will flip over and put down a card. Each will take turns putting down a card.
7. When  a student happens to put down a card with one of the words given by the teacher, the first one to slap it wins all the cards that are in the pile so far.
8. Students must keep playing in until one person has won all the cards or if you run out of time the winner will be the person who has collected the most cards.

My students loved this game, especially my 6th graders. This game can be adapted to any lesson for any grade level. I hope this helps! ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 02:00:35 pm by nehemie.seraphin »

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2013, 02:26:30 pm »
A simple role-play dialog based on the StoryLand that focuses on one scene for three actors. Very basic for more low-level students.

• Obilen
  • Explorer

• March 16, 2011, 12:28:55 pm
    • Suwon
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2013, 03:24:37 pm »
Students design a blue print for their own shopping center. The first slide is an outline and the second slide is an example that can be displayed on the TV for students to draw inspiration. A drawing/writing/speaking activity to review the lesson. Good for partner work. One student can draw and the other can write. Use the writing structure on page 19 as an example. They can present their shopping centers to the class if there's enough time.

• gchan19
  • Adventurer

• March 04, 2013, 08:28:10 am
    • Paju
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2013, 02:24:47 pm »
Just thought I'd share since I gained so much from this website. I made a Pass the ball game review some expressions that we have learned. And also a school subject PPT including different subjects in school since I thought it was related when asking "Where is the ____ room?". I got the awesome pass the ball template from here!

Hope it's helpful!

• keirdre
  • Veteran

• November 27, 2011, 06:20:53 pm
    • Abingdon, UK
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2013, 01:56:49 pm »
I modified the Battleships game slightly by taking out places (CT says: "It's not in the book, it's not the key dialogue") and adding in an extra grade row.

I made a PPT to help explain the game.   If NT is Mario, and CT is Luigi, you can model the game effectively, without the need for any Korean translation.  Elicit each step ("How many ships do I draw?" "Is there a ship there?  So what do I draw?" etc) and ask plenty of CCQs after ("If my guess is right, what does my enemy say?  MISS!  And what do I draw? CIRCLE!") etc.

We went up to 31st because our school is quite high level, but you could change it to just 1-10 if it's too hard. 

There's also a game of Baskin Robbins 31st at the beginning that I used as a motivation (after Ts and 2 Ss model it, they play in groups of 4).

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2013, 01:09:15 pm »
This is an extension of the activity in the "I Can Do It!" section.
It uses the key expressions while also giving students the opportunity to learn that things are normally in backyards and basements as opposed to on them.

My students always appreciate the chance to get creative so I try to do a lot of these kinds of activities. They are almost always successful, but make sure your CT is ready to do a lot of translating and/or have your phone on you to help out!

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:33 am »
This can be handed out on the first day of Lesson 1 or for review any time.

It is a simple table with key vocabulary and expressions for Lesson 1 - in English and Korean. It has 2 tables per page, so just cut the page in half, snip off the sides, and tell students to paste it in a notebook or textbook.
(My CT uses the teacher's guide, so it just covers the suggested material from that book.)

Sorry, I know everyone is well into Lesson 2 by now, but you can still use it for review or in 2014  :wink:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:32:47 pm by Madmartigan »

• 한소로
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 07:50:46 am
    more
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2013, 02:15:19 pm »
To help with the role play at the end of the chapter, here's a simple ppt to play while they role play. It's just background images to go along with each scene.

• 6colorbracelet
  • Adventurer

• June 16, 2013, 01:46:26 am
    • Korea
    more
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2014, 08:21:39 am »
Here's a handout I made up with some of the older handouts and ideas from this forum. Props to the original makers!

Includes Look and Listen, Look and Speak, Vocab, a chart of ordinal numbers and a reading and writing activity.

Hope this helps someone!

• robert
  • Veteran

• February 09, 2011, 07:46:05 am
    • Paju
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2014, 01:35:38 pm »
Intro Worksheet

• smurdock83
  • Waygookin

• July 05, 2012, 11:58:14 am
    • Ansan, South Korea
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2014, 01:40:59 pm »
Hello All,

I merged a few items together to create a good review or ordianal numbers prior to teaching the key phrases and then putting it into practice. I hope it helps

• cloud
  • Waygookin

• March 02, 2011, 08:55:49 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2014, 01:45:47 pm »
Well-made materials :)

Practice PPTs for both Key Expressions
-Hyperlinks allow autonomy

Vocab Handout (homework/writing)
-Print as half-pages to glue in notebooks

StoryLand Mash-up

BoardGame (reading)

You're Welcome -Josh :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:54:15 pm by cloud »
Josh Hallows - 연광초등학교

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2014, 01:32:38 pm »
I used this video for motivation in part 1 of the lesson.
The kids really loved it, fun way to start the class.
The ppt links in and introduces the use of ordinal numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqcblbTWh0A

(There's also a worksheet activity in the ppt where students get directions to a room in the school and have to find it on their worksheet.)

• robert
  • Veteran

• February 09, 2011, 07:46:05 am
    • Paju
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2014, 10:08:57 am »
Writing worksheet:
Crossword
across: 3.classroom 8.fourth 9.first 11.third 12. library 13. second
down: 1.floor 2.congratulations 4.sixth 5.fifth 6.wait 7.grade 10.girl 11.boy

• kchase
  • Adventurer

• August 30, 2013, 11:06:57 am
    • Seogwipo
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »
Just a simple vocab review ppt.

« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2014, 09:40:20 pm »
My school is using the same book again this year so I added a super simple, no prep battleship reskin. Everything is set to go, explains the rules and everything.

Detective Conan: Tower Chase

Really loving how this ready-made battleship game looks!

Just a quick question (I'm sure I'm asking about something VERY obvious, so my apologies in advance):how each team actually gets points throughout the game before they are doubled, bombed, etc.?

• prplbuttercups
  • Adventurer

• January 23, 2013, 03:12:22 am
    • USA
    more
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2014, 01:31:13 pm »
I showed this video while students were drawing their houses for the "Do it your self activity" in Period 6. They enjoyed it and I enjoyed it as well, because it's animated very, VERY well.  It's well worth the watch, and my students enjoyed the music while drawing. Enjoy!

There are blueprints of apartments with some labels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFcITK9aSKY
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 01:33:18 pm by prplbuttercups »
happiness is everything

• wkemp22
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2013, 01:17:16 pm
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2014, 08:43:52 am »
Here is a simple ppt for Play Together 3- rather than having students work in a group and read the cards out loud, they can work in pairs and read off of the ppt.