Read 73593 times

• ashwilli
  • Explorer

• August 07, 2012, 08:03:33 pm
    • Gyeongbuk, South Korea
I did a easy time killing activity with my class of 6 that worked very well (except for the competitive kid's temper tantrums lol).

I just taped four pictures of characters, one on each wall and split the class into two teams. I then had two copies of 6 pictures of items (a watch, umbrella, notebook, textbook, paintbrush, and a shirt) and gave one copy to each team.

I then had them say, "Whose _______ is it?" Where they would insert the item themselves and I would say, "It's ______'s _____." and they would try to send the person with that item to the picture on the wall. The first team there gets a point.

To spice things up a bit, I had them all turn the pictures over on a table and I said, "Whose _____ is it? It's ______'s." and they had to search for the item and THEN take it to the picture, so it was a bit harder and they had to focus more on what I was saying to get their answer.

It was very fun for the class and myself! I used pictures from previously posted ppts, or you can choose your own. But just in case, I have attached what I used!

Happy teaching~

• yfb
  • Expert Waygook

• July 05, 2010, 11:50:12 am
Here's an alternative to the dung story.

Hey guys,
Just did up a quick ppt guessing game using the following key expressions:
"Who's _________ is it?"
"It's _______'s _______."
Feel free to use it or change it.
Have at 'er!

• JC49
  • Featured Contributor

• July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 am
    • PYEONTAEK,SOUTH KOREA
MY C-T made this ppt for K-POP:"Whose Song".

She used it for her 2nd period of her lesson.

• Baby Jazz
  • Adventurer

• September 09, 2010, 07:17:42 am
    • South Korea
Easy Memory Game.

Give the class 10-15 seconds to memorise the pictures and then move to the next screen.

Play this game in teams.

Here is a pronoun poem that will help students memorize and differentiate the pronouns.   I chorally drill the poem first thing first class.  Then I have them copy it in their notebook for the writing part.  Then I give them a quiz on it sometime during the 6 or 7th class.  I also use the quiz PPT to illicit responses at the beginning of the 1st through 5th classes.

I also made this list of all English Personal/possessive pronouns and had my co teacher translate them into Korean.  Students will translate and copy during the writing period.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:35:46 pm by respect_teaching »
save $5 on iherb by using discount code TCB077  !

1. Be good 2. Be nice  3. Be clean

• beccajane
  • Explorer

• March 04, 2013, 07:59:48 am
    • Gimhae, South Korea
Support sheet for low level 5th graders.  I had some students struggling in period 5 selecting have or has.  I printed a few copies and put them in protective sleeves and have been able to re-use them for every class. 

• HikaruClaire
  • Waygookin

• January 14, 2012, 11:02:54 am
    • Yongsan-gu, Seoul
A vocab sheet and role-play. It is a shame that role play is not a part of this book, as my students love role play. I created one for them to do.

Thanks for the ideas!  My students are higher levels, so this seems like a good challenge for them - and an excuse to introduce a new cultural concept like leprechauns!

I'm attaching a ppt I've made to introduce the roleplay.

Here my procedure for the roleplay.

Intro (10 minutes)
Introduce new vocabulary. Ss listen and repeat once.
Introduce situation to the students.
Ss learn about leprechauns.
After hearing facts about leprechauns, ask a few questions to check comprehension.
Decide the roles for the roleplay.
Practice the dialog once.

Practice in their teams for 5~10 minutes.

Each team takes a turn to roleplay 5~ 10 minutes.

So I just added a Connect Four activity/game that would be suitable for this chapter.

I'm using it for period 2 but I guess it would work for any activity that required speaking practise.

• JC49
  • Featured Contributor

• PYEONTAEK,SOUTH KOREA
P4 Reading ppt ;D. Thanks for Spriite 86 for ppt  ;D

• Ronan
  • Adventurer

• August 29, 2011, 10:59:22 am
    • Daejeon
Period 2

Speaking practice game for:

A: What a nice _______!
    Whose _______ is it?

B:  It's _________.

I divided the class into boys vs girls. First two boys stand up and say the dialogue... but they have to guess the person who owns the item... It's Obama's, it's Harry Potter's etc. If they guess right it's one point.

They enjoyed it and pretty simple.

• jchoi911
  • Adventurer

• July 07, 2010, 07:39:27 am
    • Busan
PPT instructions for one of the games in the earlier replys.  ;D

Whose ___ is it ? Game

The game where students pick an item from their own group, the other students sitting down guess who the item belongs to .

• HikaruClaire
  • Waygookin

• January 14, 2012, 11:02:54 am
    • Yongsan-gu, Seoul
I replaced the drab Read and Think section with a storybook entitled "Whose mouse are you?"

This lesson was taught mostly as a literature lesson, with discussion before, during, and after reading.

I think this lesson should have been split into two sections however, since I didn't get a chance to really explain the 2nd page of the worksheet. It would have been better if we'd done one together as a class as an example. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this lesson with my students.

• JC49
  • Featured Contributor

• PYEONTAEK,SOUTH KOREA
My co-teacher's lesson ppt for P5 Read & Think.

Unit test review also. ;D

• ahnh87
  • Adventurer

• March 01, 2012, 01:45:59 pm
    • Daegu
In case anyone has to do something for "Around the World," I took a Korean Celebrities ppt from another user on this thread and added some things to it, so there's different objects and people from different countries, i.e. Obama's mouth, the UK's flag, China's wall, etc. Just a simple guessing game time filler.

• katsy3g4
  • Veteran

• August 20, 2011, 05:14:36 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
Here's a role play I put together for some of the ending sections. This is how I ran the class:

1. Have the students read the line aloud as they appear on the PPT.

2. After reading, ask them if they were good voice actors or bad voice actors. They will probably say they were so-so. Tell them we need to practice being good voice actors so you are enrolling them in your acting school.

3. Look at the script in the PPT and have the class repeat after you in an excited voice, powerful voice.

4. Now, move from voice acting to their body. Make up motions for key words and phrases in the script. Practice and read the script again with the class together.

5. Make it harder. Remove some of the words from the script and challenge the class to recite the script with the missing words. Keep removing words until it's at a good level of challenging.

6. Have individual students stand up and try to read the script with words missing by themselves. Help out when needed and have the class clap as they finish. It's a big challenge! Also, if they don't remember word for word don't punish them. If they reword a line or two, that's great. It means they remember the meaning of the line and are able to recite it in their own words.

7. Separate the class into groups of four and give each group one script. There is a blank in the script where they can substitute their own item in for the role play. Give them about ten minutes to practice and then have them perform. If the number of students come out to not an even four members per group, five members is ok. Have the students create another character for the fifth member.

Happy teaching!

A Nunchi game for the reading period   :cheesy:

• sazza_05
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2012, 05:34:08 am
    • Canada
Hi There,

This is a good PPT to go along with the "Around The World" Video or to just do on your own.  Not just the boys in my class were interested, but the girls too. Maybe someone else can find it useful as well.
"Whose soccer team is this?"
"It's Ireland's soccer team." .... Etc.

Happy Teaching! :)

The wheel isn't actually spinning when I click on spin. How do you get it to spin. Also, does it spin different points each time??

• lianney
  • Super Waygook

• April 05, 2012, 09:12:45 am
Mario game my students always request.  I will use it as a review game as a reward.

Edited 4/11/2014.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:41:43 pm by lianney »
http://www.liasian.wordpress.com Accounts of a Korean American adoptee

$10 off of orders $40 or more on iHerb.com Code: LST616 http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=LST616

Earn $25 when you book $50 or more at Booking.com : https://www.booking.com/s/34_6/9545870b