Read 73011 times

• cha_m26
  • Waygookin

• August 30, 2011, 08:46:49 pm
Introduction ppt, Group Clap game, Trashcan BB and Blazing Pens. Enjoy!

I played the group clap game for period 4 today. It went ok but just a warning, it can be very exhausting for the teacher. Also, its better to read it as a whole class, because my levels are so mixed. The kids have fun reading and doing the motions together.

Sorry, probably should have it explained this a bit!
First we read the dialogue as a class, then students read it to themselves 3 times over as fast as they can.
I then have students stand up around the edge of the classroom, making sure lower levels are next to higher levels.
We time them on each stage as a grade-wide competition, which means that the students help each other out. At the end they say it all together (instead of one word each), then finally everyone races me.

Definitely need to make sure you've had your coffee first though, as it involves a lot of moving around!

• Eugene
  • Adventurer

• February 29, 2012, 09:37:17 pm
    • South Korea, Gwangju city, Gyeonggi Province
Lesson 2: Whose Umbrella Is That?
Period 2

1.   Introductions: Hello, how are you? How is the weather? What did you do last night? Etc….
2.   ON CD-ROM teach pages 26 & 27.   (10-15min)

3.   Play whose puppy is this song. (3 min)

4.   Show PowerPoint to the class and have them respond to PPT questions. (7 min)

5.   Begin Student Worksheet.

-   Handout an object flashcard to each student.
-   Students then right their name on the object and I tell them to remember what their object was.
-   Collect all of the objects shuffle them and hand them back out to the class.
-   Hand out the questionnaire sheet that students will need to fill out.
-   Do an example reading for students to see what they will be doing.
-   Let all the students walk around and ask each other, “whose _______  is this?” referring to the object in the other persons hand. It’s __(name)_  __(object)__-.
&. If there is extra time collect all objects and pull out one item at a time and ask “Whose pen is this?" The owner must yell out "That's my pen." Then I ask again "Whose pen is this?" The class must point to the owner and say "It's his/her pen." I pretend that I don't know who they are talking about and I ask the question again. The class must respond with "It's Pao's pen" or "It's hers." I then ask Pao "Is this yours?" Pao must answer "Yes, it's mine."

• Eugene
  • Adventurer

Period 2

1.   Introductions: Hello, how are you? How is the weather? What did you do last night? Etc….
2.   ON CD-ROM teach pages 26 & 27.   (10-15min)

3.   Play whose puppy is this song. (3 min)

4.   Show PowerPoint to the class and have them respond to PPT questions. (7 min)

5.   Begin Student Worksheet.

-   Handout an object flashcard to each student.
-   Students then right their name on the object and I tell them to remember what their object was.
-   Collect all of the objects shuffle them and hand them back out to the class.
-   Hand out the questionnaire sheet that students will need to fill out.
-   Do an example reading for students to see what they will be doing.
-   Let all the students walk around and ask each other, “whose _______  is this?” referring to the object in the other persons hand. It’s __(name)_  __(object)__-.
&. If there is extra time collect all objects and pull out one item at a time and ask “Whose pen is this?" The owner must yell out "That's my pen." Then I ask again "Whose pen is this?" The class must point to the owner and say "It's his/her pen." I pretend that I don't know who they are talking about and I ask the question again. The class must respond with "It's Pao's pen" or "It's hers." I then ask Pao "Is this yours?" Pao must answer "Yes, it's mine."

• Eugene
  • Adventurer

Period 3

2.   ON CD-ROM teach pages 28 & 29.   (10-15min)

3.   Play whose song is this bomb game. (10 -15 min)

4.   Students can work on crossword puzzle. (10 min)

• Eugene
  • Adventurer

Period 4

2.   ON CD-ROM teach pages 30 & 31.   (10-15min)
3.   Let students practice with cards on pg 201. Have them say:
-   Whose _____ is that ?
-   What do you have?
-   I have a ______!   
Show an example  for them using a PPT.   (5-10min)
4.   Hand out scripts for the students and have them work in groups of four.  Give them some time to practice and then they can present to the class.  (10-15 min).

5.   If there is extra time play blazing pens word scramble game.

• evy
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2011, 12:11:11 pm
    • South Korea
Intro ppt

YuGiOh Review Game - Instructions included  (PowerPoint triggers may not work on Macs)
Office 2010 users, save bomb games as .PPTM
More bomb games - http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,22140.0.html

:D

My students flipped for this game.  The animation was amazing! Thank you!

• Sokogroove
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2012, 07:42:03 am
    • Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do
Hi, Thanks for all the great material in this section it has really helped me out.

For part 5 p32-33 I made a small ppt to demonstrate and practice a little grammar focusing on using have and has.
I included in it examples from a worksheet made by another teacher on this section, I forgot your name but all credit to you for the content on the last 2 slides.

• Nykeva
  • Waygookin

• December 28, 2010, 11:35:16 pm
    • South Korea
Hey, here's a worksheet I made using the rage comic characters for my after school class.  We were talking about clothes and the possessive pronouns.  The site I used for that is this one http://ragecollection.com/create

• Baby Jazz
  • Adventurer

• September 09, 2010, 07:17:42 am
    • South Korea
A writing practice worksheet.

Students can use the textbook to help them to fill in the missing words, if required.

• cchou002
  • Newgookin

• March 30, 2011, 09:50:35 pm
    • South Korea
This game is Jeopardy.  I would use it for earlier portions of lesson 2 because the main focus is asking "Whose ___ is this?" and answering  with "It's ____" blank being a name

This is a typhoon/whose song is this game. I didn't make this, just tweaked it a bit and added some famous people's pictures. The kids LOVED this game so thanks to whoever made the original!

• lilsalil
  • Newgookin

• September 28, 2011, 02:09:56 pm
    • ulsan
good game for writing activity

Whose Umbrella is this?
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2012, 08:44:32 am »
lesson 2 (2012) grade 5

Intro ppt

YuGiOh Review Game - Instructions included  (PowerPoint triggers may not work on Macs)
Office 2010 users, save bomb games as .PPTM
More bomb games - http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,22140.0.html

:D

Kyle - This game is amazing!! You did an incredible job!! My kids loved it  :D

• timberrynz
  • Adventurer

• December 01, 2010, 08:21:43 am
    • Gyeongsan
Review ppt with bits from all over lesson 2 (english and korean words/phrases)  :o ;D

Apologies in advance for any spelling errors ㅋㅋ  :o

• sylv_sa
  • Adventurer

• March 30, 2011, 02:10:26 pm
    • Jeju Island
Here's a ppt for this lesson from my second lesson with a Pass The Ball game.
Thanx to all previous posts!

• RealTL
  • Explorer

• August 29, 2011, 10:21:51 am
    • Seoul
Song game, credits to skofeteacher and Eugene for the original game.

I played the song game skofeteacher posted earlier with 2 of my Grade 5's and they complained that the songs were too old and outdated. :laugh: I edited the game, same format, just changed all the songs, they're all relatively new songs (within 1 - 2 years).

• Neka42
  • Explorer

• March 30, 2012, 07:48:11 am
    • Gumi, Gyeongbuk
Hey,
I created a short memory game in ppt. It has only 4 characters so it's a bit easier than other memory games. The students will be asked "Whose cap is this?" etc. They have to respond by saying "It's Spongebob's cap." and then you can click the boxes to reveal what's underneath.

• neelbo1
  • Adventurer

• April 21, 2010, 08:13:55 pm
You guys are going to love me.... Here are two kickass games that we used for this lesson last year!  Probably the most fun you'll have teachin a lesson...  Yep, just that awesome...
Basically, it's  "whose song is this?"   You play a clip, and the kids guess who sings it.. they love this game...  Here are 2 different versions... 

and thennnnnnnnnn  here's a link to the most ultimate bomb game ever, which I cant open at work cuz it's so big its through rapidshsare, and thats blocked here,  but I hear this is the greatest game of all time, whihc Im pretty sure you could use in the same format "Whose song is this" 
Some waygookin went all out here.. Its definitely worth a peep

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,15003.0.html

Well have a kickass day everyone... May the gods bless you with a day of attentive children.

-Skofe

i was so excited to play this game with my kids but it didn't go over so well.  Some students complained that they didn't know the songs since some of them were pretty old.  T-T 

• lbdb3l
  • Adventurer

• September 02, 2010, 11:20:06 am
    • South Korea
Team Telepathy Game.

You can pretty much play it however you want. I had my students work in their teams to produce the correct key sentence and select from the four choices shown. They have to both write a correct sentence and say it out loud as a team. And it's pretty standard from there.