Read 73544 times

Here's a simple bingo game I made for lesson 2. I got the original version from another person so shout out to the original maker! I believe the powerpoint is very self explanatory. You can adapt to whatever fits your needs. This also works with other other lessons..just change out the sentence and you have a game for lesson 3! The kids loved it as I let them pick the "numbers." Anywho, enjoy!

Also, I created word cards for students to make sentences. What I usually do is split them in groups of 4. They must make a sentence with the word cards and write the sentence on paper. I give them 5 minutes to see who can come up with the most CORRECT sentences. You may change the words to your desire!

• Mandy-ro
  • Adventurer

• March 05, 2012, 02:47:03 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
Here is an interesting little video, not sure if it is too fast, but I am going to run it by my 5th grade co-teachers and find out tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpLOOEvTGXU

She had used it before, and the kids really liked it. They thought it was funny. : D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:27:51 pm by Mandy-ro »

• lita
  • Waygookin

• September 01, 2011, 01:46:39 pm
    • Jinju, South Korea
I made a simple mystery box for period 1. I hope its helpful.

• ohmihyun
  • Adventurer

• March 30, 2011, 01:26:23 pm
    • Bucheon
Hello,

Attached are some ppts I used for last years "Whose boat is this" lesson.  I've altered the ppt's to fit whith this lesson.

Please edit as you wish, and be sure to change the teachers photos to yours.

Thanks & happy teaching!!

• cestaley
  • Adventurer

• September 01, 2011, 09:34:54 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Here are 2 ppts to go along with Lesson 2 Period 1.

1. Look & Listen (G5L2P1 dialogue). It has an ANGRY BIRDS theme. I get the kids to watch the video a couple times and listen carefully. Then I elicit from them any sentences they remember hearing. Print a copy of slide 2 to have in front of you and click on the correct number when a student says it. Click on the Jack in the Box to go back to the main slide. Any order is fine, until they've gotten all the sentences. Works well for any grade.

2. Vocabulary (G5L2P1 Vocabulary) in English and Korean using images from the textbook.

Hope you find them useful!

• JC49
  • Featured Contributor

• July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 am
    • PYEONTAEK,SOUTH KOREA
Simple ppt on Whose___ Korean explanation

MY ct gave me this Cinderlla ppt using :" Whose shoe______????
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:44:54 pm by JC49 »

this is a simple ppt to introduce new vocabulary and some key expressions.

• tideout
  • Adventurer

• December 25, 2010, 10:13:25 am
    • South Korea
Can anyone recommend a story that works well with this chapter? My co-teacher wants to use a story but doesn't want to use "Whose dong is this?".

Can't say I'll miss the dong fairytale myself but don't know what else might work.

Thanks to anyone who can free me from this situation!  ;D

• CMTC
  • Veteran

• October 29, 2010, 02:41:12 pm
    • South Korea
Can anyone recommend a story that works well with this chapter? My co-teacher wants to use a story but doesn't want to use "Whose dong is this?".

Can't say I'll miss the dong fairytale myself but don't know what else might work.

It's a cartoon but maybe you could use GoGo Episode 28 Whose dress is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZEE3LAiXBA

• heeyal
  • Explorer

• March 21, 2012, 03:57:25 pm
5th Grade, Lesson 2 - Whose umbrella is this?
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 08:07:01 am »
Hey guys,

Here's a ppt that I used for a small section of the 'Whose umbrella is it?' lesson.

It's not great, and it's my first attempt at ppt making but thought I'd share it anyway - the kids seemed to get a kick out of it.

It's basically a series of objects (umbrella, glue, glove etc.) and then some celebrity with their face blanked out and the kids have to guess whose _______ it is.

Anyway, enjoy! Or don't.

• tideout
  • Adventurer

• December 25, 2010, 10:13:25 am
    • South Korea

It's a cartoon but maybe you could use GoGo Episode 28 Whose dress is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZEE3LAiXBA

Thanks for responding. It may be as near as I can get outside of the "Whose dong is it?" story. Is it me or does anyone else hate matching up videos with specific grammar? The problem in my mind is that it seems there's inevitably vocabulary/grammar that goes off in directions the kids aren't really able to digest. I guess that's why they make the little videos in the books/dvd!

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but the Koreans have a storybook called "Whose Ddong is this?" (basically Who's Poo is This?") Every Korean teacher should know where to get this book from, and it should be good for Reading.  And get some laughs...

• heeyal
  • Explorer

Got to find that book! I take it the books in Korean. Or is it in English?

• heeyal
  • Explorer

Here's a ppt I just used. I used it for the first 'Speak & Play' part of Lesson 2. It's got instructions included. I made it a bit too long but it was fun all the same.

• Pants
  • Waygookin

• July 13, 2010, 01:26:56 pm
    • Gimpo
 For those looking for "Whose Dung is This?", here's a thread with a PPT for it.

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,3661.msg18616.html#msg18616

• JC49
  • Featured Contributor

• July 18, 2009, 08:41:03 am
    • PYEONTAEK,SOUTH KOREA

• weirdgirlinkorea
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• September 09, 2010, 06:00:18 pm
    • Seoul
    more
Homework for periods later than 1. Oh in case you're wondering what's up with the leprechaun and gold words in the assignment, I like to teach my kids an unusual word or two now and then and this time it revolves around their role play. I'm sure, however, you can just switch those out for the words 'notebook and textbook' pretty easily.

enjoy!
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

• skofeteacher
  • Adventurer

• March 02, 2011, 08:34:45 am
    • Suwon, South Korea
You guys are going to love me.... Here are two kickass games that we used for this lesson last year!  Probably the most fun you'll have teachin a lesson...  Yep, just that awesome...
Basically, it's  "whose song is this?"   You play a clip, and the kids guess who sings it.. they love this game...  Here are 2 different versions... 

and thennnnnnnnnn  here's a link to the most ultimate bomb game ever, which I cant open at work cuz it's so big its through rapidshsare, and thats blocked here,  but I hear this is the greatest game of all time, whihc Im pretty sure you could use in the same format "Whose song is this" 
Some waygookin went all out here.. Its definitely worth a peep

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,15003.0.html

Well have a kickass day everyone... May the gods bless you with a day of attentive children.

-Skofe

i updated one of ohmihyun ppts to review vocabulary. this starts off with a review of pronouns, possessive adjectives and possessive pronouns. then there are simple sentences to demonstrate the grammar and vocabulary. like i said, very simple but hopefully useful.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:25:15 pm by Islander »

• lbdb3l
  • Adventurer

• September 02, 2010, 11:20:06 am
    • South Korea
Here's a simple board game I made. The key dialogue is as follows:

S1: Whose ______ is this?
S2: It's _____'s. (If there is a smiley face, the response is "It's mine.")