Read 1683 times

Korean Lessons in Changwon
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:59:26 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm curious if anyone here knows of any Korean lessons in Changwon or Masan?

Cheers !
EFL teacher in Seoul and co-owner of www.weteachkorea.com

• richarquis
  • Veteran

• November 08, 2010, 01:00:30 pm
    • South Korea, Gyeongsangnam-Do, Changwon-Si
Re: Korean Lessons in Changwon
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:34:40 am »
Hey, yes indeed. Each Tuesday evening, you can attend free lessons at the community centre, just behind the gas station. (중앙동 주민센터
, the little logo that looks like a roman temple just NW of the GS logo on the map.)
They are run by a guy named (Sunny/Sonny) (Sp?) and assisted by locals who volunteer their time. I don't actually attend, but did go a few times when I first arrived. You should know, they are not structured lessons like a university course. Basically, you sit down, and get paired with someone. These people are not language teachers, mostly (though you may get lucky) so they do not teach with consideration to explaining verb conjugations, or word order in independent clauses, or any of the meaty stuff. They will mostly just drill you with standard phrases like Thank you, hello, goodbye, how much is ~~?, where is ~~? and so on.

If any other Changaz kids see this and details have changed since I last attended (2 years ago) please correct my bony ass, and admonish me at OB's next time you see me, which I promise not to care about.
http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&ll=35.221038,128.674399&spn=0.001632,0.002411&t=m&z=19

Re: Korean Lessons in Changwon
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 03:15:10 am »
Thanks mate !!!

So you  just turn up and then get paired with a Korean person or do you have to sign up before hand ?

Cheers
EFL teacher in Seoul and co-owner of www.weteachkorea.com