Read 1053 times

• lynzobergs
  • Waygookin

• November 04, 2010, 11:53:01 am
    • Bundang, Korea
Online Apostille Service and Quitting a Job
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:33:08 pm »
K. Check it. I'm leaving my current hagwon job because I dislike it. I have plenty of grounds, and I originally planned on giving 30 days notice in order to get a release letter. I found out my director NEVER gives letters of release and when one couple tried to quit the right way, they were fired, kicked out of the apartment, and had several hundred dollars deducted from their last paycheck.

I'm wondering what my director can legally (or, let's face it, illegally) do to me since I plan on remaining in the country. My NEW director told me to lie and say I was going home to America and try to give 30 days. Most people seem to think that she'll just go ahead and fire me. That's my first question...what can she do to me?

Second question: To get a new E2 visa, I need to get the apostilled copy of my diploma again, but not a background check (PHEW!)...has anyone ever used an online apostille service? Not an online apostille...but a service to get an apostille. It's a bit pricey, but it beats the waiting game. I'm just wondering how valid those places are. Do you know anyone who has gotten one? Have you gotten one?

Much obliged, people of the forum!

• Jwilre
  • Waygookin

• October 12, 2011, 06:10:37 am
    • United States
Re: Online Apostille Service and Quitting a Job
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:00:32 am »
There are quite a few posts here.

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,15988.0.html

K. Check it. I'm leaving my current hagwon job because I dislike it. I have plenty of grounds, and I originally planned on giving 30 days notice in order to get a release letter. I found out my director NEVER gives letters of release and when one couple tried to quit the right way, they were fired, kicked out of the apartment, and had several hundred dollars deducted from their last paycheck.

I'm wondering what my director can legally (or, let's face it, illegally) do to me since I plan on remaining in the country. My NEW director told me to lie and say I was going home to America and try to give 30 days. Most people seem to think that she'll just go ahead and fire me. That's my first question...what can she do to me?

Second question: To get a new E2 visa, I need to get the apostilled copy of my diploma again, but not a background check (PHEW!)...has anyone ever used an online apostille service? Not an online apostille...but a service to get an apostille. It's a bit pricey, but it beats the waiting game. I'm just wondering how valid those places are. Do you know anyone who has gotten one? Have you gotten one?

Much obliged, people of the forum!