Read 2692 times

• Orange_Thief
  • Veteran

• November 19, 2010, 09:17:50 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
Two Games I have been working on
« on: November 28, 2010, 05:36:20 pm »
Hi, I am sharing two games I have been working on. Neither of these games are original, but they are my own adaptations.

1st Game - Review Game

Basically you draw a 6x7 Chart on the board with words from today's lesson. Before class, make the same board on a printout but include money values in place of the words so you know how much to award each correct answer. Break the class into two teams and have them choose names. Now to begin, one student from a team will come up to the board point to a word and use it in a sentence. If they are correct give them the money value. Play until the bell rings and the team with the most points wins. Check the Word Document for the alternative which I call Crocodile Mischief. It's basically a more complicated version of the game.

The Second game is Team Hangman. It's a lot more fun to play this game with two teams versus each other.

Directions and Explanation are included in the attachments. I hope they are useful and please provide some sort of feedback so that I can improve these games.

Re: Two Games I have been working on
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:31:58 pm »
thanks for this!

I plan on using the revirew game this week as a time-filler/review.    I've been searching for games that are simple and require little preparation!  I'll let you know how it goes!

• Orange_Thief
  • Veteran

• Daegu, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 02:11:47 pm »
The Crocodile Game is too complicated based on the test run, I will simplify using a Gun, Bomb, Heart scheme. I recommend the Crocodile version for High school Advanced or College.

• Orange_Thief
  • Veteran

• Daegu, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:52 pm »
This is the new version of the Crocodile Game and all instructions are included in the power point.

The words I use are simply examples, feel free to change them to suit your needs.

You will need a dice and a crocodile game (can be purchased from the stationary store or Toys R Us.

I would love for some feed back.

P.S. you must have the Holy Grenade sound effect file with your power-point in your flash drive for it to work; it is for the 1000 points.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 09:47:15 pm by Orange_Thief »

• Orange_Thief
  • Veteran

• Daegu, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:46:16 pm »
Here is the sound effect, I am sorry I forgot to add.