Read 243401 times

Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #1400 on: November 17, 2022, 11:29:22 am »
'Black Adam' with Korean subs is up on a few popular torrent sites. I have no idea if it's any good. Just a heads up. BTW it's 10 gb.

Ok, the subs look good, as does the quality.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 11:32:20 am by Jethro Bodine »

• Bakeacake
  • Expert Waygook

• July 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
    • Pohang South Korea
« Reply #1401 on: November 17, 2022, 01:17:33 pm »
by today yify will have a 2gb version of it im sure.

« Reply #1402 on: November 17, 2022, 02:52:19 pm »
Yeah, BedBug just put a 1.8 gb version up with Korean subs. I should of waited a bit.

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #1403 on: November 19, 2022, 11:53:58 pm »
Boss Level was a great movie.
Thanks for the encouragement. We indeed saw it Friday night over jokbal, pigs feet delivered with fresh veggies. It was FUN!!!

My Korean movie bud had bought a new car and it was delivered on Friday, with 24 km on the odometer, a metallic-colored Renault Samsung SUV, and so, with his wife and daughter away visiting relatives, he invited me for a Saturday afternoon drive. We put nearly 100 kms on that puppy and ended up having dinner and watching Wakanda Forever at the local theater, I getting home minutes ago.

WAKANDA FOREVER will get multiple nominations for Academy Awards: at least one Oscar nod for acting (the Queen had the best lines and knocked them out of the park), one or more for sound-related awards (e.g., sound effects, soundtrack), for visuals (costumes, cinematography), for writing or directing or both.

This movie was MUCH better than the original Black Panther imo. My friend wanted to see it. I am glad he convinced me to.

It is a long movie but it didn't feel like it. I have walked out of a long roll-eyed Avengers movie and could barely sit through Avatar. This film was much better than those.

Contrary to the typical bad sequel: like the one to Top Gun, the one to Black Panther is more like T2 (Terminator 2).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 01:01:17 am by VanIslander »
Help others, especially animals. Say what you think, be considerate of others. Appreciate more than deprecate. Teach well, jump on teachable moments. Enjoy Korea as it is, without changing it. Dwell! Yet, at times, change your life for the better. "The most important [thing] is to have a good day."

• Savant
  • The Legend

• April 07, 2012, 11:35:31 pm
« Reply #1404 on: November 20, 2022, 05:43:41 pm »
Enola Holmes 2.

Amusing, quaint, and rather fun. I loved the first movie and this one builds on more of the same characters whilst introducing new ones which actually adds something to the fast-moving plot.

Wow! Just looked up the movie on wikipedia and was surprised to see the leading actress, Millie Bobby Brown (Enola Holmes), is British. Always, assumed she was American due her leading role in "Stranger Things". It does explain why her British accent in Enola Holmes is rather splendid.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 05:49:06 pm by Savant »

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• September 06, 2022, 09:12:01 pm
    • Anyang
    more
« Reply #1405 on: December 06, 2022, 09:33:09 am »
THE MEXICANS ARE COMING

World Famous Youtuber and Beer Expert. Friends with people in high places. If you need help, just ask me. I probably know someone very influential who can help.
Humble as hell and a hurricane in the sheets.
- Kevin C Grabb

• D.L.Orean
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• February 25, 2020, 09:34:41 am
« Reply #1406 on: December 06, 2022, 09:38:26 am »
THE MEXICANS ARE COMING

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best... some, I assume, are good people.

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
    more
« Reply #1407 on: December 06, 2022, 09:40:40 am »
When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best... some, I assume, are good people.
If they truly wanted to send their best, we'd get a trifecta this Christmas, but alas, there is no Alfonso Cuaron movie this year.
World Famous Youtuber and Beer Expert. Friends with people in high places. If you need help, just ask me. I probably know someone very influential who can help.
- Kevin C Grabb

• Mithras
  • Super Waygook

• June 28, 2022, 01:57:07 pm
« Reply #1408 on: December 06, 2022, 09:41:58 am »
Del Taco I mean Del Toro is quite overrated imo.

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
    more
« Reply #1409 on: December 06, 2022, 09:44:19 am »
Del Taco I mean Del Toro is quite overrated imo.

He's the least consistent of the three, I'll admit that. That said, Pan's Labrynth. Amazing. And The Shape of Water was really awesome, albeit not a great movie. It was ballsy and beautiful and that's enough for me. I'll see anything with Michael Stuhlbarg in it.
- Kevin C Grabb

« Reply #1410 on: December 06, 2022, 10:28:07 am »
He's the least consistent of the three, I'll admit that.

Someone once told me that this has to do with production heads getting in his way. Apparently del Toro's style of directing and storytelling is so specific and such a way that you have to leave him to his process with little interference. But with a lot of money being invested in a lot of these films, you get big heads who sometimes stick their noses in far enough to disrupt that process, and, inevitably, what they push for clashes with what del Toro was trying to do. And that's why his films seem so inconsistent. It's the difference between people leaving him to his devices vs. the ones who didn't have enough faith in him and decided to get involved.

I don't know how true this is, but it makes sense that some directors are more flexible than others in dealing with production company interference.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:37:05 am by Chinguetti »

« Reply #1411 on: December 10, 2022, 10:19:32 pm »
Just watched 'Emancipation'. A good watch, but predictable. Slavery never makes for a fun movie. At the start, I never realized that it was a true story, so I guess not too much artistic liberty could be taken. Some of the scenes were quite graphic and sort of left me thinking about just how bad the American Civil War must have been.
Will Smith' played his part well, but got a little gung-ho towards the end, and he must of lost a shed load of weight for the part...he looked like skin over a bit of bone. Also, there seemed to be a bit of a Christianity plug running through a lot of the movie. Kind of annoyed me because I couldn't see any relevance. Maybe that's the way it was during the times, or maybe someone decided to throw it in, just because...I don't know!

Edit: OK, just read up about it, and it seems that the character 'Smith' was playing, was a very religious man IRL.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 12:05:34 pm by Jethro Bodine »

• VanIslander
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • South Gyeongsang province for 13 years (with a 7-year Jeju interlude)
    more
« Reply #1412 on: December 11, 2022, 07:14:02 am »
12 Years a Slave is a 2013 film that puts this overbearing PC flick to shame. GTFOOH Will Smith.
Help others, especially animals. Say what you think, be considerate of others. Appreciate more than deprecate. Teach well, jump on teachable moments. Enjoy Korea as it is, without changing it. Dwell! Yet, at times, change your life for the better. "The most important [thing] is to have a good day."

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
    more
« Reply #1413 on: December 14, 2022, 07:50:15 am »
Just saw "The Menu."

Dialogue is sharp and I laughed out loud 8 times in the theatre. Go see this movie!!!!!!!!!
- Kevin C Grabb

« Reply #1414 on: December 14, 2022, 11:02:44 am »
I've been wanting to, but they're not showing it in my town.  :sad:

Gonna be watching "Bones and All" tonight. It looks interesting.

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
    more
« Reply #1415 on: December 14, 2022, 11:21:47 am »

No spoilers but it was okay. Well shot, well acted and interesting story but it just didn't connect with me. See it, though. Michael Stuhlbarg steals the scene he's in. 
- Kevin C Grabb

« Reply #1416 on: December 14, 2022, 12:24:18 pm »
No spoilers but it was okay. Well shot, well acted and interesting story but it just didn't connect with me. See it, though. Michael Stuhlbarg steals the scene he's in. 

Okay, I'll also give it a go.

Anyone seen 'The Banshees of Inisherin' yet. It's on the next day or two's list, but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

• ToilingAjumma
  • Expert Waygook

• Anyang
    more
« Reply #1417 on: December 14, 2022, 12:25:02 pm »
Anyone seen 'The Banshees of Inisherin' yet. It's on the next day or two's list, but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

Anything Martino McDonagh makes I will see. I cannot wiat to see it!!!!!!!!
- Kevin C Grabb

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #1418 on: December 14, 2022, 07:58:58 pm »
I've been wanting to, but they're not showing it in my town.  :sad:

I saw this and decided to give it a miss.

Abandoned by her father, a young woman embarks on a thousand-mile
odyssey through the backroads of America where she meets a disenfranchised
drifter. But despite their best efforts, all roads lead back to their terrifying pasts
and to a final stand that will determine whether their love can survive their otherness.

Blocked: JonVoightCar

• SPQR
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Sierra Leone
« Reply #1419 on: December 14, 2022, 08:08:58 pm »
Not a movie, but I have been watching "Tulsa King".

Stallone holds this together because the story has some big plot holes.

SPOILER ALERT

First of all, in the premiere episode he barges into a weed dispensary and decides
it's his and everybody works for him. Okay, nobody in there was prepared, but
the second time he showed up he would probably have gotten both barrels of
a shot gun in the face. And not too many people would raise an eyebrow
considering his past.

Second, parole officers seem conspicuously absent.

Third, they get into a fight with a notorious biker gang, but there are no guns
to be seen.

Fourth, it is entertaining, but I can't imagine where the plot is going before it
gets too unbelievable or boring.
Blocked: JonVoightCar