Read 118856 times

Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #760 on: January 14, 2020, 02:43:39 pm »
Dolittle

I've gotten into this habit of not watching the trailers of movies and going into theaters as blind about the plots as I can be, so the only thing I really knew about this film is that Robert Downey Jr. and Antonio Banderas were in it.

Big regret. It's a good family film for people with young kids, but it's a big nope for me.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #761 on: January 14, 2020, 02:51:06 pm »
Dolittle

I've gotten into this habit of not watching the trailers of movies and going into theaters as blind about the plots as I can be, so the only thing I really knew about this film is that Robert Downey Jr. and Antonio Banderas were in it.

Big regret. It's a good family film for people with young kids, but it's a big nope for me.
Fuckk. Really? I'm seeing it on Sat with the GF.

« Reply #762 on: January 14, 2020, 02:59:43 pm »
Dolittle

Fuckk. Really? I'm seeing it on Sat with the GF.

I hope you're going with your gf's daughter or else most of the entertainment you're going to get out of this film is how cheesy it is, lol. They also tried to establish Downey's character as eccentric and charming by having him muttering and chittering a lot, but it just came off as weird and annoying to me.

Tbf, though, I've never been a fan of films that star humans with animals that have human-level intelligence, so to each their own, haha.

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #763 on: January 14, 2020, 03:15:59 pm »
I hope you're going with your gf's daughter or else most of the entertainment you're going to get out of this film is how cheesy it is, lol. They also tried to establish Downey's character as eccentric and charming by having him muttering and chittering a lot, but it just came off as weird and annoying to me.

Tbf, though, I've never been a fan of films that star humans with animals that have human-level intelligence, so to each their own, haha.

No daughter, she's with her dad. It'll be in Cheonan so my choices of film are limited to a large degree. I'm seeing Star Wars tonight, Portrait of a Lady on Fire on Thursday, so it's slim pickings.

Jojo Rabbit, 1917 and Little Women all have Feb release dates, so I'll have to wait. Also, The Graduate is getting a re-release. Def gonna see that on the big screen, that is one of the best framed movies EVER.

Eric Clapton has a doc coming out next week and I'm debating going to see Pain and Glory. haha I'll power my Spanish listening skills and my Korean reading skills for that one. Might understand 30%.

« Reply #764 on: January 15, 2020, 08:42:51 am »
Jojo Rabbit, 1917 and Little Women all have Feb release dates,

Shouldn't 1917 be released in the US in 2023, to reflect reality and what actually happened? 

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #765 on: January 15, 2020, 08:51:07 am »

Shouldn't 1917 be released in the US in 2023, to reflect reality and what actually happened? 

wot

« Reply #766 on: January 15, 2020, 09:35:02 am »
wot

World War One started in 1914, the US toddled along in 1917.  Three years later.    :wink:

Took ten of my friends who all had varying interests in movies and Blade Runner.

Oh ladidah!  Look at you and all your friends.  I officially call for you to change your username to CO10.  :P

« Reply #767 on: January 15, 2020, 10:47:15 am »

What? Us having the good sense not to get bogged down and losing the flower of our youth during most of the slaughter and then waltzing in and getting an easy victory and a massive seat at the table?

And now when people select "English" as the language option, it has an American flag.  8)

• CO2
  • The Legend

• Gunpo
    more
« Reply #768 on: January 15, 2020, 07:10:06 pm »
Uncut Gems is getting a January 31st release on Netflix, worldwide.

• Cohort 2019
  • Super Waygook

• August 17, 2019, 08:09:23 pm
    • 90S.- 0'E
    more
« Reply #769 on: January 15, 2020, 07:29:58 pm »
Terminator on Amazon is much better though.

Terminator.Dark.Fate.2019.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTG.mkv
incumbo studiis