Read 109142 times

• VanIslander
  • Moderator LVL 1

• June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
    • Seogwipo, Jeju Island
    more
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #680 on: November 04, 2019, 09:52:30 pm »
I was in uni working p/t weekends at a video store when T2 was released, and because i was top 3 or 5 in selling add-ons in the chain (2nd, 3rd videos, drinks, snacks, memberships) i won a T2 leather jacket that was the envy of the store staff and i flipped that coat for a cool $150 that made my day and the day of the guy who bought it.

The film Terminator 2 was original Diehard level awesome. NO ONE DOUBTED THAT. But man every Terminator since has sucked to some degree and T2 remains one of the few sequels better than the original (f off with Aliens 2 - i liked it but it was totally different than the classic timeless Alien original).

I have avoided reviews of the newest Terminator because i'm encouraged by the T2 comparisons. I'll likely see it this week. Be back afterwards. G'day.

« Reply #681 on: November 11, 2019, 07:06:30 am »
Watched three very good films at the weekend.

Land of Mine (Under Sandet) - An excellent Danish/German film about young German POWs who were brought into clear thousands of mines on the beaches of Denmark.  Apparently, there were 2 million laid along the coast because the Germans thought that was where the Allied invasion would come from, but didn't.  Brilliantly done and you really feel for the boy POWs who are doing the work.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3841424/

The Guilty (Den Skyldige) - A Danish police thriller.  Incredibly shot in only two rooms, so uber-low budget.  A policeman deals with a kidnapped woman over the phone.  Really gripping stuff. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6742252/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The Salesman (Forushande) - Another riveting film from Iranian writer and director Farhadi (also did A Separation and About Elly) about a husband and wife who slowly become divided after a happening in their new apartment.  Brilliantly done as usual.  Love how the Middle Eastern films draw you in with the dialogues. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5186714/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• plan b
  • Super Waygook

• March 22, 2013, 11:53:06 am
    • Korea
« Reply #682 on: November 11, 2019, 10:04:14 am »
Anyone else pumped for Doctor Sleep? Seeing it this Thursday. Chris Stuckmann gave it an A, and we agree on a lot of stuff so I'm pretty pumped.

Also, CGV has a tonne of Quentin Tarantino movies playing the next few weeks.  Got my tix for QT8 (documentary), Kill Bill, Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs. I'd love to see Pulp Fiction on the big screen but I just can't fit it in my schedule, it's always playing at 3:30 PM and I watched it on Netflix a month ago so I don't NEED to see it.

Doctor Sleep was a good, but not great movie. It did keep my attention for its 2 hour and 30 minute duration though. However, I highly recommend watching the classic The Shining before watching this one. Doctor Sleep is the sequel to this, and you really need to as a Reference Guide to Doctor Sleep. The Shining is on Netflix, and is one of the best horror movies ever made.

« Reply #683 on: November 11, 2019, 10:16:52 am »
Having loved House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects, I was really excited about 3 From Hell, the last film in the trilogy. 

Not as good as the previous two but not bad.  Everything you'd expect from the series; very bloody, cool soundtrack etc.  It's sad that Sid Haig couldn't be more involved  :sad:

• oglop
  • The Legend

• August 25, 2011, 07:24:54 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #684 on: November 11, 2019, 11:07:43 am »
not a movie, but i enjoyed The End of the F***ing World (season 2). not as good as the first, but it's a decent little series

« Reply #685 on: November 11, 2019, 11:28:43 am »
Unfortunate that we didn't get to see the hybrid t-800/t-1000 Arnie in action from Genisys :P
Saw Dark Fate recently, too. Was a decent tribute to the first 2 films. Was just pumped to see Linda Hamilton and Arnie together again! And the new Sarah Connor/future soldier is pretty cool
Spoiler below:
now that that T-800 has gone it's gonna be real hard finding where the Terminators appear around the country. Also I suppose this is Arnies last Terminator movie

• CO2
  • The Legend

• March 02, 2015, 03:41:14 pm
    • Gunpo
    more
« Reply #686 on: Yesterday at 02:10:45 pm »
Hot damn, tickets for the Premiere of Ford Vs Ferrari (Yes, I'm a broken record, but it's in STARIUM, third largest screen in Korea!) and I got in with 64 tix out of 550 left. That sucks. But there were two aberrant seats in a decent spot. Snagged em!

Show sold out 1 minute later. I'm very fortunate. hahahaha

Also, HYPED. I'm seeing Zombieland 2 tonight in my hood and The Irishman tomorrow in Isu. I can't wait until tomorrow. I have Netflix already but I'm willing to support films that deserve it. Let's see what happens!
The joys of fauxtherhood

• LIC
  • Super Waygook

• February 15, 2019, 04:39:00 pm
    • NE Hemisphere
« Reply #687 on: Yesterday at 02:29:12 pm »
Watched Yesterday yesterday and loved it. Great movie.