Read 99864 times

• Jaunter
  • Super Waygook

• April 02, 2012, 11:57:17 am
    • Goyang, Korea
    more
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #420 on: July 01, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »
I saw Jurassic Park 3D last night, it was just as good as it always was, but know the dinosaurs are in 3D!!! Though that did make a lot of the foreground shots blurry so that was a little distracting.

I am amazed at how well this movie has aged, the animation is still looking good, and of course the animatronics are mind blowing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzQr3Ml0UI
_ゝ`) ...

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #421 on: July 01, 2013, 06:08:22 pm »
I saw Jurassic Park 3D last night, it was just as good as it always was, but know the dinosaurs are in 3D!!! Though that did make a lot of the foreground shots blurry so that was a little distracting.

I am amazed at how well this movie has aged, the animation is still looking good, and of course the animatronics are mind blowing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzQr3Ml0UI

yup!!! hard to believe that those dinosaurs were cutting edge back in 1993. they still look amazing!

i was talking with a friend afterwards about the movie, and what JP would have been like if it had been made now. the CGI would have been the main feature of the movie, instead of the suspense. a lot of what makes the movie work is the wonder mixed in with the action and suspense - and that comes from the limitations of the time.

i'll definitely go see jurassic park 4 (which is supposed to come out in 2015. the rumours are that it's a reboot... i wonder if my theory will still hold up.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• Chicagohotdog
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 04, 2012, 12:25:31 pm
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
    more
« Reply #422 on: July 08, 2013, 06:05:49 pm »
I just watched a Documentary on Netflix called Hot Coffee.  If you are interested in U.S. politics and legal issues this is a decent one to watch.  It starts off with the infamous McDonald's Hot Coffee case and moves on from there.  Brings up some interesting points and made me think a bit about what I had assumed from the media...
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you

« Reply #423 on: July 09, 2013, 09:46:19 am »
Gonna watch "The Descendants" tonight.

Saw World War Z a few weeks ago and it was fairly entertaining.

• tokixjam
  • Veteran

• April 22, 2011, 08:27:07 am
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #424 on: July 09, 2013, 04:02:13 pm »
I just watched The Heat, which never came to Korea.  I liked it. ^_^

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #425 on: October 10, 2013, 01:33:47 am »
A couple of decent films that some of you may enjoy are...

+ 1 Very imaginative!

The Family Quite funny!

Mud A lot better than I was expecting it to be.

Cloud Atlas The best movie in 15 years!!

Up in the Air Very funny and made me think about a few things. Worth watching.

The Conjuring Very interesting! Looking forward to the sequel!

Higher Ground A very touching film.

Take this Waltz One of the best Canadian Independent films I've seen.
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

« Reply #426 on: October 10, 2013, 05:46:21 am »
I watched Looper yesterday and will watch it again soon. Didn't have any expectations before watching it and found it to be an excellent story and you struggle to even recognize Joseph Gordon Levitt.

« Reply #427 on: October 24, 2013, 11:41:22 pm »
my favorite movie is wicker park, serendipity, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind...
I believe in fate? lol

• Chadwickhhs
  • Expert Waygook

• February 28, 2012, 07:04:14 pm
    more
« Reply #428 on: October 25, 2013, 07:54:03 am »
Recently watched:
This is the End, fair comedy. Had a few laughs but didn't walk away feeling like it was worth recommending.

The World's End, better comedy. Not as good as Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead but it carried it's weight. Even though I'm still young I know the nostalgia feeling Simon Pegg's guy is wrestling with.

Life of Pi, cool visuals and I like the progression a lot. It doesn't achieve its goal of "making you believe in god" but it illustrates that we take certain things on faith (there is an obvious philosophical distinction). Nonetheless, good story telling and worth watching.

Pacific Rim, awesome. Simple and clean. Created a full/believable comic book like world. Killer visuals and solid delivery.

World War Z, not as bad as I expected. I never read the book though so I'm a heathen to most critics. Some of the zombie successes depended on some pretty BS things like the Muslims' singing causing a wall breach. Still, not bad.

• nschenk512
  • Super Waygook

• March 04, 2013, 08:52:49 am
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #429 on: October 25, 2013, 08:12:07 am »
Gravity. Dear god. It was so good. Visually, story wise, Bullock's performance. Gettin excited about it all over again.

That said, the last movie I watched was Raiders of the Lost Ark. Hahaha. Yes.

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
« Reply #430 on: October 28, 2013, 01:14:39 pm »
I just watched My Fair Lady recently..I loved the first half. But I saw the Russel Brand interview with Paxman between watching the first and second half http://gawker.com/russell-brand-may-have-started-a-revolution-last-night-1451318185. I then couldn't help but notice the classism and sexism in the movie and it made me wanna bleach my eyes. How could a film end with her fetching his slippers. Grrr. Those bad ol' days.

• Elsby
  • Veteran

• September 28, 2012, 09:06:13 pm
« Reply #431 on: October 28, 2013, 01:53:48 pm »
Turbo.
Yep! It is pretty awesomely great! I really enjoyed it. In fact I have seen it twice... =D

I have also seen The Mummy and The Mummy Returns recently.

« Reply #432 on: October 28, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »
Captain phillips was disappointing compared to the five star rave review empire gave it. Seriously felt like i saw it before it was that predictable.

« Reply #433 on: November 11, 2013, 07:41:26 am »
Got bored this weekend and watched:

Savages
Contraband
We Own the Night
Lawless
3:10 to Yuma

Good weekend  :laugh:

• Space
  • The Legend

• May 09, 2012, 10:11:12 pm
« Reply #434 on: November 12, 2013, 08:14:39 am »
I just saw Gravity yesterday. T'was good.... in a strange way.... and it had awesome visuals.

« Reply #435 on: November 13, 2013, 06:31:09 pm »
Movies like Turbo, Battleship (which I lost 90-min. on), Pacific Rim and Planes, i find, are all pretty senseless movies and not worth the view.  I've not yet seen Despicable Me.

I couldn't get into The Heat and This is the End.  Now You See Me got pretty boring after the first part which was pretty much just one-liners.  Turned it off. 

Didn't finish "World War Z" "Warm Bodies" and "The Butler"- fell asleep. 

Not a great year for movies - Lone Ranger, Red 2, Pacific Rim, White House Down, Die Hard, Grown Ups 2, Smurfs 2, Olympus, Scary Movie 5, etc.

I liked "We are the Millers", "Oz."  That's about it.

Should I watch "Great Gatsby?"

I'll give "2 Guns" and "Gravity" a look-see this weekend.

• tehayne
  • Adventurer

• April 03, 2012, 06:09:34 am
    • Atlanta, Ga
« Reply #436 on: November 14, 2013, 09:24:31 am »
Movies like Turbo, Battleship (which I lost 90-min. on), Pacific Rim and Planes, i find, are all pretty senseless movies and not worth the view.  I've not yet seen Despicable Me.

I couldn't get into The Heat and This is the End.  Now You See Me got pretty boring after the first part which was pretty much just one-liners.  Turned it off. 

Didn't finish "World War Z" "Warm Bodies" and "The Butler"- fell asleep. 

Not a great year for movies - Lone Ranger, Red 2, Pacific Rim, White House Down, Die Hard, Grown Ups 2, Smurfs 2, Olympus, Scary Movie 5, etc.

I liked "We are the Millers", "Oz."  That's about it.

Should I watch "Great Gatsby?"

I'll give "2 Guns" and "Gravity" a look-see this weekend.

Gravity was great. It was definitely made in mind for 3D. I can't stand 3D so I watched the normal version and it was still great. But if you do like 3D go see it in 3D.

I did not like Great Gatsby. It was bad. The imagry is amazing. The sets are great but the story line and even the acting was a bit off. Some people like it, but it was panned by critics and most movie watchers.

« Reply #437 on: November 22, 2013, 03:44:49 pm »
Few Movies which I have recently watched

Cloud Atlas - Good Movie has nice sound tracks
A man from the earth - Low budget movie , its been shot only in a room , no action , no drama , they just sit and talk and talk and talk I loved it.
Last days on Mars - dont watch waste of time
Persepolis - I would recommend you to read the book and then watch the movie.

The list goes on .......

« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2013, 06:43:20 pm »
Few Movies which I have recently watched

Cloud Atlas - Good Movie has nice sound tracks
A man from the earth - Low budget movie , its been shot only in a room , no action , no drama , they just sit and talk and talk and talk I loved it.
Last days on Mars - dont watch waste of time
Persepolis - I would recommend you to read the book and then watch the movie.

The list goes on .......

The man from Earth is amazing. I think it's probably one of the best movies I've seen in years.

« Reply #439 on: November 24, 2013, 03:51:54 pm »
Gravity was awesome. Total oscar bait.