Read 99846 times

• Chadwickhhs
  • Expert Waygook

• February 28, 2012, 07:04:14 pm
    more
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2013, 02:15:35 pm »
I just watched Iron Man 3.  That was fun.

I feel like all the Korean people that are in the theater with me don't understand just how hilarious the movie is..

Why does no one else laugh?  I mean, I laugh at subtitled Korean movies, even though I don't know very much Korean.  What is it that doesn't tickle any Korean persons' funny bone?

I know they miss a lot of puns and innuendos, but there's gotta be more for them to quietly laugh at than the purely physical scenes.

Jeeez...
THIS! I feel bad how some of that dialogue probably went unappreciated. I really liked this movie. A big bounce back from the second which was utterly forgettable.

• tokixjam
  • Veteran

• April 22, 2011, 08:27:07 am
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #401 on: May 03, 2013, 03:55:14 pm »
I just watched Iron Man 3.  That was fun.

I feel like all the Korean people that are in the theater with me don't understand just how hilarious the movie is..

Why does no one else laugh?  I mean, I laugh at subtitled Korean movies, even though I don't know very much Korean.  What is it that doesn't tickle any Korean persons' funny bone?

I know they miss a lot of puns and innuendos, but there's gotta be more for them to quietly laugh at than the purely physical scenes.

Jeeez...
THIS! I feel bad how some of that dialogue probably went unappreciated. I really liked this movie. A big bounce back from the second which was utterly forgettable.
I wonder if our sense of humor is really that different?  Or does it really just not translate well?

• joseph921
  • Super Waygook

• September 15, 2010, 09:00:43 am
« Reply #402 on: May 06, 2013, 12:15:34 am »
Just saw Iron Man 3, Oblivion, and Pain and Gain over the weekend.

I thought Iron Man 3 was the worst of all Iron Man's.  It was kinda long and drawn out.  Some long stretches of just dialogue and not as action packed.  Still a decent movie but for the expectations it has built up for itself, it's falling short. 

Pain and Gain was actually pretty entertaining.  Nothing super special...just a 'relax and enjoy yourself' kinda movie.  I've always liked Mark Wahlberg and thought he makes for a good comedian.  Dwayne Johnson was great too in his role.

Oblivion was nothing special either, but still an overall entertaining movie.  Iron Man 3: 7/10, Pain and Gain 7.5/10, Oblivion 7.2/10.

Looking forward to seeing: The Great Gatsby, Man of Steel, Now You See Me, and the other Capt. A + THOR movies.

• Frozencat99
  • The Legend

• October 09, 2011, 04:31:36 pm
    more
« Reply #403 on: May 06, 2013, 10:55:50 am »
I've been on a documentary kick lately.

Rewatched Fat Head, which was just as good as when I first saw it. Let Me Die is really emotional but an excellent case study in legalizing euthanasia. Going to watch Jiro Dreams of Sushi next.

Must avoids: Supersize Me and Forks Over Knives. Unless you like biased disinformation.
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

« Reply #404 on: May 06, 2013, 12:58:54 pm »

Rewatched Fat Head, which was just as good as when I first saw it. Let Me Die is really emotional but an excellent case study in legalizing euthanasia. Going to watch Jiro Dreams of Sushi next.

Must avoids: Supersize Me and Forks Over Knives. Unless you like biased disinformation.

Whats fathead? Collapse collapse collapse. My fav.

• Frozencat99
  • The Legend

• October 09, 2011, 04:31:36 pm
    more
« Reply #405 on: May 06, 2013, 01:29:45 pm »

Fat Head is a comedic answer to all of the people who bought into Supersize Me and similar "nutritional" documentaries. It doesn't hold back at all and allows people to see the skidmark Martin Spurlock left on popular science.

Is this the Collapse you mentioned? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_(film)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:31:19 pm by Frozencat99 »
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2013, 01:59:47 pm »

Fat Head is a comedic answer to all of the people who bought into Supersize Me and similar "nutritional" documentaries. It doesn't hold back at all and allows people to see the skidmark Martin Spurlock left on popular science.

Is this the Collapse you mentioned? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_(film)

Wow that sounds good ill check it out. Yeah thats the one. Some people think Michael Ruppert is batshit crazy and I'm not sure what to believe but I literally couldn't tear my eyes from the screen the entire time. Incredibly interesting. Always telling people to watch it.

• Amerz100
  • Adventurer

• October 10, 2010, 12:41:11 pm
    • Mokpo-si, Jeollanam-do
« Reply #407 on: May 07, 2013, 12:44:07 pm »
watched iron mab 3 last weekend .. was awesome ...just have downloaded the all time classic (in my opinion) 1986 movie Big Trouble in little China .. I used to watch all the time .. can never get tired of it.
Amerz

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #408 on: May 07, 2013, 09:28:14 pm »
I watched THE COUNTERFEITERS. It's in German with English subtitles. An excellent flick!!
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• kkakdugi
  • Adventurer

• April 21, 2013, 04:18:14 am
    • earth
« Reply #409 on: May 08, 2013, 04:13:21 am »
Not really big on watching tv except for sports stuff. I have watched alot of Korean films and like them alot but recently watched "The King of Devil's Island" (Norwegian film) based on a true story, "The Hedgehog" (French film),  "Running the Sahara" (documentary), and "The Heir Apparent: Largon Winch". All of them were great and available on Netflix.

• lambe
  • Explorer

• March 04, 2013, 03:31:18 pm
    • Yesan
« Reply #410 on: May 30, 2013, 03:06:09 pm »
A Late Quartet, The Master, and Hard Eight (Sydney).  Coincidentally, Philip Seymour Hoffman is in all three (starring in Quartet and Master, bit part in Hard Eight) and two of the are directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, one of my favorite directors.

• tokixjam
  • Veteran

• April 22, 2011, 08:27:07 am
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #411 on: May 30, 2013, 04:08:55 pm »
Star Trek Into Darkness was fun!  And again, my friends and I were the only ones laughing.

Boy, I CANNOT wait to go back home and have a theater full of people laughing with me.

« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2013, 11:33:59 am »
watched iron mab 3 last weekend .. was awesome ...just have downloaded the all time classic (in my opinion) 1986 movie Big Trouble in little China .. I used to watch all the time .. can never get tired of it.

Amazing movie! Love Kurt Russell

• kkakdugi
  • Adventurer

• April 21, 2013, 04:18:14 am
    • earth
« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »
Watched this one last week....The Closet (Le placard) = hilarious, 2001 French film

• fishstick
  • Explorer

• May 11, 2013, 05:18:49 am
    • Cheonan, South Korea
    more
« Reply #414 on: June 09, 2013, 06:01:20 am »
Star Trek Into Darkness in 4D was the best movie experience I've had in a long time.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #415 on: June 18, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »
i watched "end of watch" last night.

i liked the story (even if it was "ladder 49" with policemen and more swearing). a lot of shaky camera work too, but that didn't bother me.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

« Reply #416 on: June 26, 2013, 10:18:58 am »
Monsters University.  Another decent/solid Pixar film.  Wasn't a home run but definitely decent.

« Reply #417 on: June 27, 2013, 03:08:48 pm »
Anyone see Upstream Color yet?  Done by the same guys from the movie Primer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdYO3KWmcv8

looks pretty interesting.  It's on netflix if you guys have it.

• thunderlips
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 07, 2012, 10:01:55 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #418 on: June 27, 2013, 03:54:31 pm »
I just watched Wild Bill, pretty good.
Waiting for Oblivion (on-line) and The Iceman.

Just saw Galaxy Quest which was pretty good.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #419 on: July 01, 2013, 02:02:12 pm »
did anyone see "jurassic park 3D" over the weekend? it was my first time seeing the movie in a number of years, and my first time seeing it in the theatre. the 3D was a gimmick - but who cares! it was JP in the theatre!!!!! that was worth the 16,000 (for imax) in my opinion!
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term