Read 99860 times

Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:48 pm »
I saw 'Paradise Lost' and 'Paradise Lost 2', about the West Memphis 3 murders and just how dangerous ignorance and religiousness can get. It's actually hard for me to believe that these kinds of people are walking around out there, because I always thought I grew up in a redneck part of the world, but apparently it wasn't even the tip of the redneck iceberg. America really scares me. 

I've really been in a documentary mood lately... basically, it's been documentaries and Breaking Bad. Oh yeah, and also Batman, which I loved.

« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »
Ah well one of my best mate's brother used to be on the show so I watched it religously for a while, but even thought he isn't a regular this season I've heard it rocks. That is a show I am up to date with (must do a breaking bad marathon for season 4!)

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2012, 10:16:15 pm »
this movie: "the raid: redemption"

http://youtu.be/W9lEUy3Np8I

wow. if you're a fan of action and martial arts flicks, then watch this movie! the fight scenes are astonishing. definitely worth a watch!!
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• daejeon
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2012, 10:17:43 pm »
let's keep this thread for movies only. you can use the other thread for discussing tv shows. thanks!

• rexbaylon
  • Veteran

• March 08, 2012, 02:41:20 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2012, 01:18:18 pm »
I recently just saw the Korean film Romance Joe (2011) Desire to Kill (2010). Two very different films, Romance Joe would fall under the meta-romance genre and Desire to Kill hedges closer to the revenge thriller, but both really awesome and enjoyable.

• shhowse
  • Featured Contributor

• August 25, 2009, 08:49:24 am
    • Mokpo
    more
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2012, 11:21:06 am »
Well I finally got to got see Total Recall in theater and my rating is a firm so-so. I liked the original much better for the cheesy-ness.

However, Imust say it was soooo mice to have actually found a babysitter to look after the kid for a couple hours while I could go stuff my face with movie theater popcorn. That was probably my favourite part!  :D

« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2012, 10:10:26 am »
I just watch the hunger games on dvd and I thought that the book was much better...i feel like the movie was so hyped up that i was bound to be disappointed

Really? I actually liked that the movie cut out some of Katniss's inane monologues. The story is great but her narration is kind of crappy, imo.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• daejeon
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2012, 11:13:03 am »
I just watch the hunger games on dvd and I thought that the book was much better...i feel like the movie was so hyped up that i was bound to be disappointed

Really? I actually liked that the movie cut out some of Katniss's inane monologues. The story is great but her narration is kind of crappy, imo.

i read the book after seeing the movie and i can see why people were upset. i had no idea what was going on when i watched it! i wish they had expanded the movie somewhat.

• rach229
  • Veteran

• September 08, 2011, 07:57:51 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2012, 11:26:40 am »

I'd have to agree with you. I liked the books much better and thought the movie was over-hyped and slightly disappointing. I've learned to not expect much out of movies made from books I have read and loved. I have only come across a few movies that stay pretty true to the books.

Movies I have watched recently: We Bought A Zoo and Cowboys and Aliens
~ We Bought A Zoo was a pretty decent movie. I don't think it is one I will download and watch over and over but it was for sure worth watching.
~ Cowboys and Aliens was exactly what I expected.... stupid and not worth my time.

I was visiting home and had a movie night with my mom and these were the two movies she picked out. Since I hadn't seen either one I figured why not.  I should have said no the to Cowboys and Aliens

• JeremyC
  • Featured Contributor

• July 15, 2012, 03:48:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2012, 03:16:49 pm »
I watched 21 Jump Street last night and was very pleasantly surprised, it's freakingly hysterical. I never watched the series when it was on and thought the movie would be aimed solely at teens. It broke every cop movie stereotype there is going. Some of it was so un-PC I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

The night before I watched MI4 - dull, predictable. The scene outside the Burj Khalifa in Dubai had me almost soiling my pants, the 'climax' in the car park was ridiculous. The whole thing was pretty stupid and formulaic. I thought Simon Pegg in it was very disappointing and I'm a fan of his. Cruise is talking about doing MI5, I really hope he doesn't.

Speaking of Pegg I watched him in Big Nothing again a few days ago. How dark and funny is that movie??!
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2012, 06:31:28 pm »
Avenger, nice movie and especially characters, the Hulk is amazing.

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2012, 01:42:07 am »
Speaking of Pegg I watched him in Big Nothing again a few days ago. How dark and funny is that movie??!
Need to check that one out.

BTW, I just finished watching THE PRESTIGE 2006. It was awesome! It's a period piece set at the turn of the 20th Century. There are a couple of stage magicians competing with one another, but what really stole the show was David Bowie playing Nicola Tesla. (I'm nuts about all things Tesla!!) The plot twists and turns and blows your mind. I want to watch it again! Has anyone else seen it? (I just learned of it today and downloaded it.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:43:57 am by Harpoinseoul »
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• wrinklebump
  • Expert Waygook

• March 20, 2012, 01:31:12 pm
    • Ulsan, Korea via Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2012, 01:52:57 am »
i just watched that other movie by the guys who did the chaser, yellow sea. i found it mostly dull and of unbearable length, mercifully punctuated by moments of boobs and axes.
Livin in a pathetic epidemic with schizophrenics buyin synthetic bodies on credit

• jupinkorea
  • Super Waygook

• June 04, 2012, 05:25:32 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2012, 07:54:35 am »

BTW, I just finished watching THE PRESTIGE 2006. It was awesome! It's a period piece set at the turn of the 20th Century. There are a couple of stage magicians competing with one another, but what really stole the show was David Bowie playing Nicola Tesla. (I'm nuts about all things Tesla!!) The plot twists and turns and blows your mind. I want to watch it again! Has anyone else seen it? (I just learned of it today and downloaded it.)

Yeah the Prestige is one of my favorite films. Just watched Layer Cake again good English film, Daniel Craig, Tom Hardy etc
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:06:46 am by johnthackeray »
"North Korea everything sunny all the time, always good time, beach party" Johnny Mountain

• JeremyC
  • Featured Contributor

• July 15, 2012, 03:48:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2012, 10:50:30 am »

It's a great film. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors, alongside Matt Damon and John Turturro.
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2012, 07:07:45 am »
I loved The Prestige.

Just saw the new Snow White with Charlize Theron. Wow. Stunningly beautiful film. Set, costumes, everything exquisitely captured in detail. Only thing is the annoying scowl/snarl always present on Kristin-whatshername's face. She always looks depressed, bored, or full of angst on and off the set. Annoying. She's pretty but they could have picked a more beautiful actress for Snow White, since Snow White is supposed to be the most beautiful person ever.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

• dash17
  • Veteran

• August 05, 2011, 07:11:00 pm
    • New Zealand : Wellington
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2012, 07:41:45 am »
Last night I watched Five-Year Engagement. The first half was absolutely hilarious, I laughed out loud so many times, but the second half kind of dragged.

I'd recommend it if you wanna have a laugh, though.

« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2012, 11:51:03 am »
I recently re-watched the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  When I was in middle school and early high school, those movies were my life, pretty much.  I haven't watched them in eight years.  Watching them again after so long was like watching them for the first time!

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2012, 12:04:03 pm »
Hi. How much extra is in the extended version? What effect does it have? Thinking about checking it out. Thanks for the heads up.
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• daejeon
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2012, 12:27:22 pm »
Hi. How much extra is in the extended version? What effect does it have? Thinking about checking it out. Thanks for the heads up.

i love the extended editions! they're the only versions i watch... i haven't seen the theatrical ones since their original release.

fellowship of the ring has an extra 30 minutes, the two towers has about 40 minutes and return of the king has 50 minutes added back in. a lot of the added scenes are character building, and really add to the overall depth. if you've read the books, you'll see more similarities.

can't wait for the hobbit in december! i'm going to rewatch lord of the rings before it comes out. it's been years since i've seen them.