Read 99855 times

• cmster
  • Adventurer

• June 28, 2010, 01:54:53 am
    • Mississauga, ON
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2012, 09:21:57 pm »
Last movie I enjoyed was Tomboy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1847731/) It's in french but really great if you can understand it or find English subs for it. Highly recommended. Great, *subtle* children actors. Story moves a little slow but it's the type of film that gives you time to absorb it in real-time.

• JeremyC
  • Featured Contributor

• July 15, 2012, 03:48:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2012, 01:06:42 am »
I like these threads - lol!

I am watching Band of Brothers series.  It is totally AWESOME!

I really think BofB is one of the best mini series out there.

Today I watched 'Get the Gringo' - not good but it was well produced - and 'American Reunion' which was pretty awful. Either I'd recommend not to bother seeing either but both are entertaining in their own right. They're both viewing as advertised really and I wasn't misinformed before I saw them. Both crap but they fill time if you have it.
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2012, 07:35:37 am »
i have finished the roger moore bonds, and now i'm moving onto the pierce broslin oeuvre.

quick rundown: "tomorrow never dies" has aged well, even if the platinum blonde hair of the german henchman looks decidedly 90s.

"goldeneye" has not. the synthesised score drove me nuts!
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• shhowse
  • Featured Contributor

• August 25, 2009, 08:49:24 am
    • Mokpo
    more
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2012, 07:52:36 am »

Might go and see TOTAL RECAL~what do you think?

I'm so excited to go see Total Recall! I love that movie, as cheesy as it is, and I have full expectation for a wonderfully updated cornier than ever version of the film. Can't wait!!!

• jupinkorea
  • Super Waygook

• June 04, 2012, 05:25:32 pm
    • Seoul
    more
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2012, 07:23:20 am »
Watched a lot of Christopher Nolan films recently, and the Hunger Games. Moving to TV and starting to watch the Korean drama Bridal Mask, really enjoying it so far, very well produced.
"North Korea everything sunny all the time, always good time, beach party" Johnny Mountain

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2012, 09:53:21 am »
Watche the new PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT. A very cool movie!!
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• taeyang
  • Moderator - LVL 4

• September 08, 2010, 08:35:10 am
    • daejeon
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:32 am »
finished the pierce broslin bond flicks today. i'd say they were definitely wise to reboot the series! i'm planning on going through the connery outings before i tackle the recent daniel craig movies. i want to watch the latter before "skyfall" comes out in november.

i also went to see "total recall" last week. what a snooze-fest! the action was forced and ridiculous... it had no sense of purpose. i will say that colin farrell was excellent though.

be warned: there are A LOT of lens flares in the movie. on par with the ones in star trek:

use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

• Suz-goose
  • Super Waygook

• March 05, 2012, 07:33:45 am
    • Korea
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »
I have been watching Blood and Chocolate. It is junk food for the brain but sometimes that is what you need after work  ;D

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2012, 07:41:30 am »
Why do you feel it's a cool movie?

I just saw "The Avengers" = WTF? I'm sure there's a lot of backstory I'm missing because nothing makes sense to me. What is an ancient Norse god doing in the same film as Ironman?
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2012, 07:56:43 am »

I just saw "The Avengers" = WTF? I'm sure there's a lot of backstory I'm missing because nothing makes sense to me. What is an ancient Norse god doing in the same film as Ironman?

Well, I've always loved the story, it's way out there! I get a kick out of time travel, Tesla type things. Good action, good acting. BTW, it's the new one that just came out this year. I guess it's a movie on the SCI FY channel.
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• JeremyC
  • Featured Contributor

• July 15, 2012, 03:48:16 pm
    • Korea
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2012, 10:12:42 am »

Well, I've always loved the story, it's way out there! I get a kick out of time travel, Tesla type things. Good action, good acting. BTW, it's the new one that just came out this year. I guess it's a movie on the SCI FY channel.

A new version? I loved the old one, watched it a few times on the tube. I might have to d/l the new one and watch tonight.
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

• rach229
  • Veteran

• September 08, 2011, 07:57:51 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2012, 11:36:42 am »

I guess it might not make complete sense if you haven't seen their individual movies ie. Iron Man I & II, Captain America and Thor. Agent Coulson comes into each movie and if you watch through the credits, they have clips that tie them all together. I think Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) also makes appearances in each of the movies. Watch their individual movies and it will make more sense. They do explain it in the movie too though. Loki came to get the tesseract (the blue cube thing), which Captain America tried to destroy by crashing his plane into the ocean, to create a portal so his army could come and destroy and take over the world. Thor comes to stop him. Thor joins the Avengers Initiative to help stop Loki and save the world. Does that help? I think I explained it right. I'm not an expert or anything, I just like the movies!

• fishead
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• April 23, 2010, 07:58:05 am
    • Yangju Korea
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2012, 01:17:03 pm »
I watched a great movie about teaching called" Detached" it stared the same guy that was in The Piano Player.
It was a great movie about teacher burn out.

I just rewatched" Threads" a gloomy eighties movie about Britain during a Nuclear attack. One of the most depressing and disturbing movies of all time.

also watched Black Tar Heroin a disturbing tale of teenage junkies and HIV.

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2012, 01:40:37 pm »

lol, thanks for clarifying! I didn't end up finishing it bc I was just missing way too much info. Yeah, I probably need to watch the individual movies but probably not going to do that, just move on to different movies...
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2012, 05:25:47 pm »
I was a pretty big fan of the first two Step Up movies.  The dancing was great and even though the romance is a little cheesey, the first two films were pretty good.  The 3rd was just so-so.  3D usually gives me a headache.  We'll try to download the latest installment and see if it's any good.

We Bought A Zoo became one of my favorites of 2011.  It's a nice feel-good family movie with Matt Damon and would be good to show to Korean students as well.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:29:14 pm by matthews_world »

« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2012, 02:01:10 pm »
eah yo man. there's this hot Sean Penn movie called "this must be the place"

its like robert smith from the cure starring in a forest gump remake...its great.

also, Midnight in Paris mnane. woodie allen dstill got it mane. mad hot. mad funny mane.
ya'll waygookers are off the hook man, all ya ya'll

• ha_neul
  • Waygookin

• December 09, 2010, 08:58:53 am
    • Incheon
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2012, 02:44:05 pm »
The latest movie I watched today was Do-duk-dul(Thieves in English). It's a good Korean movie. If you can understand Korean, you can try. It is now on show.

I'll second this. It was a very enjoyable movie. It reminded me a little bit of the Ocean's movies.

I can't understand Korean, but, even though there was a fair bit of dialogue, I managed to follow what was going on quite well.

• Chadwickhhs
  • Expert Waygook

• February 28, 2012, 07:04:14 pm
    more
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2012, 07:40:53 am »
Not really any movies on my end. Batman when it came out but otherwise just some TV shows.

The Newsroom is pretty solid Sorkin. The behind the scenes in politics and how they are conveyed through media is like a crash course in communication. The character relationships are believable and Sam Waterson is the man.

Also, Breaking Bad season 5. The best television series. The acting, plot, characters, script... everything is perfect.

« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2012, 10:18:24 am »
I think I missed season 4 of breaking bad.... will I be lost if I try watching season 5? I've heard this season of Mad Men is good again :)

• Chadwickhhs
  • Expert Waygook

• February 28, 2012, 07:04:14 pm
    more
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2012, 12:44:16 pm »
YES. DO NOT WATCH SEASON 5 WITHOUT HAVING SEEN 4. This is not a test! DO NOT!

And yeah Mad Men is quality too.