Read 2716 times

• tails
  • Veteran

• November 22, 2011, 07:43:51 pm
    • Cambridge, England
Is there a UK based recruiter.
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:00:47 am »
I am currently working with a Canadian recruiter, they seem professional but we are starting to have a few confusing issues.  I don't want to send them worth of transcripts only to not get a job.

Is there a UK based recruiter?

Thanks
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

• Suza
  • Super Waygook

• March 21, 2011, 07:32:17 am
    • Sanbon
Re: Is there a UK based recruiter.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:33:17 am »
When I first came out here in 2008 I came here with the agency KIC London who worked with Korvia (based in Seoul). I used Korvia again when I came out in March 2011.
I found them great to work with!

• tails
  • Veteran

• Cambridge, England
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:03:49 am »
Hi Suza, I started the process with Korvia but the agent at Canconx seemed very thorough so I went with them, although I am now regretting that.

I may try and get a hagwon job around April and then hopefully move to a public school a year later, although it would mean my contract would clash.  How I would work that I am unsure, plus I really wanted a co-teacher even for just a month.

Thanks for your reply.

• Suza
  • Super Waygook

• March 21, 2011, 07:32:17 am
    • Sanbon
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:56 am »
I'm sure it's still ok for you to continue the process with Korvia, get back in touch with them.

There seems to be quite a few people I know who are leaving in March. They are working at public schools and are employed under the Gunpo contract. Korvia also found my placement in the Gunpo area and it doesn't fall under GEPIK.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:08 am »
Hi,

I used Flying Cow for my first year. They are based in Nottingham in the UK. They were really helpful and friendly. Not sure if they do public school jobs though.

http://www.flying-cows.com/

• tails
  • Veteran

• Cambridge, England
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:23:40 pm »
Thanks for your help I'll have a look.

• macchiato
  • Adventurer

• October 25, 2011, 12:17:22 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:16:26 am »
Flying Cow's don't deal with public schools, or at least they didn't when I was in contact with them. They also tried to push a really terrible hagwon job onto me telling me that it was my best option.

I went to work with SMOE and I realise now that the job they tried to offer me was not my best option for a hagwon at all. They were really easy to contact though, and being in the same time zone was obviously a plus. But its been a while since I spoke to them, so things may have changed since then.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:45:26 pm »
I went through ESL Starter to get my public school job. They're based in Thailand but run by Brits. I'd definitely recommend them. They were really helpful throughout the whole process. They were easy to get hold of and always replied to my questions. I've met lots of other people who used them as well, and I haven't heard any negative feedback about them either. I think they offer private jobs as well as stuff in China and Thailand too.

http://www.eslstarter.com/

• Shisner
  • Waygookin

• January 05, 2012, 04:58:06 am
    • Jinju
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 08:13:06 pm »
Alistair Wery with Korean Horizons is the absolute man. He sent 2 angry emails on my behalf to the company I got my TEFL from (they weren't going to send me my certificate in time), upon arrival he gave me a care package with travel guides and translation books and all sorts of goodies, and he's kept in touch to make sure everything is going well for me. Great, amazing. If you want his contact information, just PM me.

Shane
What a happy coincidence:
Earthly and heavenly light
Awakening,
Mingling and becoming
A thought, a passing dream.

• tails
  • Veteran

• Cambridge, England
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 11:33:23 pm »
They sound good! I was going to start the process with kimchi recruiting.

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 01:23:20 pm »
I second the recommendation for Alistair @ Korean Horizons.

He's from the UK, based in Korea. Very close to where I was placed, so I know if there's any major problems, I can just go and see him.
Got placed in one of the best schools in the area and got properly taken care of before and after recruitment.
He even organised a social event for all the teachers in the masan/changwon area he had recruited - so we could get to meet each other.

• tails
  • Veteran

• Cambridge, England
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 09:37:35 pm »
Okay I'll get in touch with him if he's from the UK! UK 1 point Canada 0 points.