Read 1186 times

Jeolla province - climate advice?
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:04:46 pm »
Hi,

I'm finishing up my contract at the start of March, and am thinking of doing a week long cycle trip then from around Yeosu to Mokpo.

To any of you who live there - what is the weather usually like at that time of year? Spring-ish? Frosty? Sunny and cold? Jacket wearing? Mild?

I was in Jeju at the start of April 2010 and it was roasting hot. I'm just wondering if the SW coast gets similar early warmth. I live in Gangwon do and it's Winter until May here!

Thanks.

Re: Jeolla province - climate advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:30:51 am »
How it feels to you is relative.  If found  the weather in Mokpo to be comfortable last April, but I'm from a cold climate.  Here is a statistical climate guide that will give you a rough sketch of Mokpo's weather. http://www.worldclimateguide.co.uk/climateguides/republicofkorea/mokpo.php?units=imperial&style=bars
 If you want more type "Mokpo climate" into Google. 

• deckolan
  • Waygookin

• March 21, 2011, 10:37:41 pm
    • South Korea
Re: Jeolla province - climate advice?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:28:27 pm »
In March Jeolla Province will be still cold. Youd be wise to bring  a lot of layers with you. Cycling from Yeosu to Mokpo at this time of year will be windy and bitterly cold. I'm sure youll be fine if you wear enough warm clothes.