Read 2949 times

• anacapa1425
  • Waygookin

• November 12, 2010, 10:19:30 am
    • Paju City, South Korea
trying to understand winter break?
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:59:03 am »
My CT told me that during winter break I get two weeks of vacation time. I couldn't figure out if she meant that the school is giving me two weeks paid time off or if that i am using 10 of my 20 days of Paid Leave as designated by article 13 in my contract.

Re: trying to understand winter break?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:02:25 am »
You get 2 weeks paid vacation and yes, they are 10 days of your vacation time.

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:12:53 am »
My CT told me that during winter break I get two weeks of vacation time. I couldn't figure out if she meant that the school is giving me two weeks paid time off or if that i am using 10 of my 20 days of Paid Leave as designated by article 13 in my contract.

wow, you're entitled to 20 days? what contract are you on?   :o

or are you renewing with EPIK/GEPIK and thus getting 2 extra weeks of vacation on top of the 10 days you're entitled to?
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 10:20:36 am »

wow, you're entitled to 20 days? what contract are you on?   :o

or are you renewing with EPIK/GEPIK and thus getting 2 extra weeks of vacation on top of the 10 days you're entitled to?

I assume she/he meant 20 days of paid leave for the full year. (?)

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:21:40 am »
wow, you're entitled to 20 days? what contract are you on?   :o

[/quote]

I am with GEPIK and my contract also states I get 20 days vacation not including any renewal aspects.
Freedom is like farts... You enjoy yours but usually can't stand other's...

• anacapa1425
  • Waygookin

• November 12, 2010, 10:19:30 am
    • Paju City, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 10:26:09 am »
Yes my contract states that I get 20 days for the full year and my interp is that half is taken in the first 6 months and half in the second.

Article 13 1. :

"Paid leave shall be taken at any time when school is not in session and be divided.."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that means 10 days in winter break and 10 days in summer break? I have a new GEPIK contract and I just started in November.

Brad: what do you mean on top of entitled too? What am I entitled too? As far as I understand it, i get 10 days over winter, and they are 10 of the 20 days in my contract? Correct me if I'm wrong.

• torstrom
  • Veteran

• May 19, 2010, 07:46:52 am
    • Hwaseong
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 10:40:50 am »
While you get 20 total days, that doesn't necessarily mean 10 for summer break and 10 for winter. Since winter break is longer, many schools will want you to take more days during it. For example, due to the number of days of summer camp I taught I was only able to take 7 vacation days during summer break.  As with most things it is a school by school issue so talk to your co-teacher.

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 10:45:49 am »
Yes my contract states that I get 20 days for the full year and my interp is that half is taken in the first 6 months and half in the second.

Article 13 1. :

"Paid leave shall be taken at any time when school is not in session and be divided.."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that means 10 days in winter break and 10 days in summer break? I have a new GEPIK contract and I just started in November.

Brad: what do you mean on top of entitled too? What am I entitled too? As far as I understand it, i get 10 days over winter, and they are 10 of the 20 days in my contract? Correct me if I'm wrong.

brad was quoting me.

i'm with EPIK so the terms are quite different.

anyway, like torstrom said, "...be divided" doesn't necessarily mean evenly--i.e., 10 days for winter and 10 days for summer.

your co-teacher said two weeks of vacation (so 10 business days out of your 20 days), so in your case, it is being evenly divided.

------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html