Read 5990 times

• The Jacks
  • Explorer

• February 07, 2011, 01:05:52 pm
    • South Korea
Re: New Years Resolutions
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 05:24:16 pm »
I must stop smoking. Easier said than done with the price of cigarettes here.

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 09:34:57 pm »
I want to reach the intermediate level in Korean by the end of the year. I bought a couple new books to motivate myself, so we'll see how it goes. It can only get better, eh?

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 10:02:30 am »
More lovin'

More beer

More wine

More parties
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 09:32:06 am »
I'd like a QFHD display resolution (Quad Full High Definition). That's 38402160, or 4 times the pixels of a 1080p display.

• catherinefeli
  • Newgookin

• January 25, 2012, 01:03:52 pm
    • san jose
    more
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »
I will not crib about things, would rather remain content for what has life given to me. :)
Catherine

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 03:17:21 pm »
I will not crib about things, would rather remain content for what has life given to me. :)
Does the usage of crib here talk about stealing things or what? Thanks.
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 10:41:34 am »
Not really into resolutions, but am currently hunkering down and recouping previous gambling losses of 1.6mil over the past two months by living on only 500k a month or 16.5k a day for the next two months to put me back to where I would have been financially had I not gambled by march 25th.

Back to normal schedule next week that sees me finishing work at 9.20pm thus not having to have any beers mon - fri evenings to fill out the hours before bed and will get hardcore into my 100 pushups, 50 pullups, 200 squats and 200 crunches routines.

Also need to mail two boxes of books home via land (fed up of having way too much stuff to lug around for a single guy) and burn to disk or download and transfer to ext hd all the movies in the three boxes of dvds I also have been towing around with me (am building a film library.)  Also type up ideas and passages in the box of notebooks I have and save them in files on my ext hd and laptop to save lugging those around too, as well as copying files from my two obsolete old laptops and saving them on my ext hd and laptop.  Neither has even a usb port or even a cd rom drive lol.  In fact - if anyone knows of a way for me to somehow copy the files from those old laptops and transfer them to new tech - please advise me.  Also on one the version of office is so old that when I tried to copy them to floppy and then found an old pc bang that had floppy drives and saved them on that - they came out in gobbledy gook.  So looks like I'll be filling my time transcribing.  Which is okay with me.

So kind of a 'life spring clean' for me next cpl of months.

Also am 50% that I'll move to Shanghai in April.  I'm emotionally 100% after 7.5 yrs here but my school is doing poorly due to previous mismanagement (fully admited by the owner and not blamed on teachers) and if we start doing better next few months due to the new classroom interactive eqpt they're getting and a new student recruitment drive, I might feel a tad guilty for then leaving the school.  Guess if I give notice and help finding a new teacher, that will be okay.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:45:15 am by DWAEDGIMORIGUKBAP »

• Spongeblob
  • Super Waygook

• March 03, 2011, 10:21:58 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 01:38:27 pm »
It's 2012.  I'm going to save the world and get a kiss from a pretty girl.