Read 969 times

• matieu
  • Veteran

• November 01, 2010, 01:21:24 pm
    • Geoje Do
Hiring a car for New Years weekend- advice please!
« on: December 27, 2011, 11:02:38 am »
Hey everyone hope you all had a great Christmas

I'm thinking of hiring a car for New years weekend to do a bit of travelling around the country. I was enquiring about the insurance today and they said they offer "basic insurance" meaning that I'm covered for any personal injuries or damage that I hypothetically cause to another vehicle but any hypothetical damage to my rental car which is my fault isn't covered by insurance. My co teacher told me that this is standard in Korea and that all car rental companies offer the same sort of policy!? For anybody who has rented a car here can you confirm whether this is standard practice or not. I'm not an expert on car rental but I'm pretty sure that in Europe you are also covered for damage to your car even if it's your fault as long as you're insured! I know it sounds paranoid but with the way the roads are here I'm in two minds as to whether to take the risk, if I was unlucky and involved in some accident that wasn't covered that'd be me potentially kissing bye bye to any savings I've made here! hmmm

• matieu
  • Veteran

• November 01, 2010, 01:21:24 pm
    • Geoje Do
Re: Hiring a car for New Years weekend- advice please!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:27:01 pm »
Thank you that was good advice, I just booked through Hertz and got full insurance cover, I wasn't even aware that they existed in Korea!