Read 2184 times

• attiq2k
  • Newgookin

• December 22, 2011, 10:03:27 am
    • Gwangju
Fresh Herbs
« on: December 22, 2011, 12:20:57 pm »
Does anybody know where i can get herbs from. I need fresh rosemary, thyme and Sage.

Thanks in Advance

• K
  • Super Waygook

• November 03, 2010, 05:38:27 pm
    • SK
Re: Fresh Herbs
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:00:41 pm »
As I'm sure you've noticed you can get thyme and rosemary dried with some looking. I cook frequently and was able to easily find them. I know they aren't fresh, but maybe maybe a substitution is possible. What are you cooking? If you are set on fresh, maybe you can find the plant at a garden store and grow it yourself.

Also, sage is nearly impossible to find here. I did so much searching and had no luck. I had my mother ship some to me.

• kyndo
  • Moderator LVL 1

• March 03, 2011, 09:45:24 am
    • Gyeongsangbuk-do
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:45:12 pm »
I hear you can get all those at scarborough fair.  ;D

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 03:06:22 pm »
It's hard to find fresh herbs here. I once looked for Basil for a week and then I found a little basil plant at one of the flower shops with the potted plants that are usually outside. Not exclusively a florist, but specifically the one with the little pots. Not sure about what you want but they're all over so maybe pop in there.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 03:43:30 pm »
Asia-mart.co.kr has some fresh. Herbs. Potted rosemary is at many florists. I have 2 plants. I have sometimes seen potted sage and thyme, too.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 04:30:04 pm »
is there no place like emart or something where you can get fresh herbs?... i have started to cook... i'll even take dried ones... that ways i can buy a lot and just leave them on the shelf...

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 05:10:14 pm »
I usually get my fresh basil and rosemary from the shinsegae department store market.

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 07:05:11 pm »
Basil, cilantro and rosemary are often available at Emart in small bags. Theyre usually well hidden with refrigerated produce
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

• miss_cho
  • Super Waygook

• October 10, 2011, 10:00:55 am
    • Korea
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 07:58:50 am »
If you don't live near a large city with a supermarket that might have them (like me) Nice market (www.nicemarket.net) has fresh herbs for a reasonable price - they do have a minimum for delivery and a set delivery schedule (every Wednesday) but if you plan ahead it works out well. I've ordered basil, cilantro and mint and have been happy with the product. I know they don't have sage though because I was looking for it around Thanksgiving.

If you're near Seoul the international market in Itaewon has fresh herbs. There was a small selection including Thai basil and dill. I'm not positive about the herbs you mentioned but you could call ahead to save yourself a trip the workers speak English.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 08:21:23 am »
If in Busan, you can find fresh cilantro, dill, and sweet basil at the international marts. There's also a place I know with a rosemary bush. The dried stuff can be found at e-marts, homepluses, costcos, megamarts, ______marts

• trine
  • Waygookin

• September 09, 2010, 01:18:54 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 08:33:59 am »
I've never ordered them myself, but I've seen on gmarket you can buy potted herb plants. I just found one seller, but they had a really good selection.

I've also had luck at emart with fresh herbs--basil, rosemary and occasionally thyme. However, this was only at an e-mart in an expensive neighborhood.