Read 3564 times

Giving Instructions with PB&J Sandwiches
« on: December 13, 2011, 02:34:03 pm »
I did this for my observation class. I actually had the students make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for an English Conversation Class. It was messy... and expensive but worked really well especially after exams when classes are PAINFUL.
I have a Mac so converting files to Word Doc's changes the formatting... sorry, especially on the handout. I'm sure you can figure out that some of the text moved around... Oh! and don't bother looking for plastic knives in Korea, I could not find any ANYWHERE. We had to use forks to spread out peanut butter and jelly!

The lesson is pretty easy to follow from the PowerPoint. First introduce instructions, materials, and steps. Then ask the students to tell you the steps needed to make ramen. I also wrote the important words the students used describe how they were making the ramen. I then introduced the key vocabulary: make, use, cut, spread, and practiced them with a couple slides. Then gave the students sample instructions with a grilled cheese sandwich. Then had the students make PB&J sandwiches. While they made the sandwiches, they had to fill out the handout. They had to use the four words from the handout to describe how to make a pb&j sandwich. For the students who were allergic to PB, I gave them cream cheese and they made cream cheese and jam sandwiches. After they were done, they ate their sandwiches and I called on some students to read their papers to the rest of the class.

Hope this helps someone like Waygook has helped me!!