Read 1892 times

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2011, 11:50:19 pm
    • ROK
    more
How do I make a check mark in Hangul Microsoft Word?
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:21:15 am »
I know...should be easy, but I can't navigate the deeper layers of Word in Hangul and my coteacher is no help...it's usually an Alt + #### combination, or you can go into menus, but I can't seem to find info on Google and, the normal Word Alt + #### shortcuts are failing me...help!

*click*

Re: How do I make a check mark in Hangul Microsoft Word?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 09:30:59 am »
Hit Alt-I then S to bring up the 'Insert Symbol' dialog.  If the character you want is not in the Symbol font then choose Wingdings or Webdings from the font list at the top left.  Double-click on a symbol to insert it into your document.

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• ROK
    more
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 10:43:17 am »
Thanks, I tried that too, but there are literally millions of symbols in dozens of folders...like the entire Chinese character set haha...spent a ton of time on there trying to find the check mark, but can't :'(
*click*

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 10:46:50 am »
Did you select 'Wingdings' from the font list at the top left?  It is labelled 글꼴(F)

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• ROK
    more
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 10:55:10 am »
Thanks so much, but for some reason Alt+I does nothing on mine :'(
*click*

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:09:32 am »
Ok, well, Alt-I is just a shortcut for the Insert menu.

I am using Word 2003.  The insert menu is the third one from the left.  It is labelled 삽입(I)

Click it and it will drop down and you should see the Symbol menu option.  It is labelled 기호(S)

Click that and the Symbol dialog will open.  It's a big window with a grid containing all symbols in the selected font.  Select 'Wingdings' at top left, the check mark symbol should be in the grid (on mine it's one of the last ones).  Double-click the symbol and it will appear in your document at the cursor.  Kill the dialog when you are done.

You could also copy and paste from another document, or here -> 
Check mark in a box 
Cross 
Cross in a box 

• SpaceRook
  • Expert Waygook

• November 18, 2010, 11:54:36 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 12:20:57 pm »
I know...should be easy, but I can't navigate the deeper layers of Word in Hangul and my coteacher is no help...it's usually an Alt + #### combination, or you can go into menus, but I can't seem to find info on Google and, the normal Word Alt + #### shortcuts are failing me...help!

Here are the codes.

Press and hold ALT and then type the number on the keypad.  Also, NUM LOCK must be on.  251 seems to be the check mark you are looking for.