Read 3748 times

• joseph921
  • Super Waygook

• September 15, 2010, 09:00:43 am
Anyone use hot water in the bathroom to THAW your hands?
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:37:40 am »
I just did that 2 minutes ago.

Re: Anyone use hot water in the bathroom to THAW your hands?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 08:54:19 am »
We don't have hot water and the bathroom windows are open.  it seriously discourages hand washing when the water is cold and it is windy in the room.  The4 windows are 10feet high, I can't close them.....

• kiwikimchi
  • Expert Waygook

• December 27, 2010, 10:15:31 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:57:26 am »
We don't have hot water in our teacher's bathrooms "it's too expensive." Also no soap or toilet paper.
You are lucky!

• joseph921
  • Super Waygook

• September 15, 2010, 09:00:43 am
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 09:08:25 am »
there is only 1 bathroom in our school that has working hot water.  All the others don't have hot water, and neither do the teacher's bathroom.  So I go to that 1 bathroom every hour or so when my typing starts to slow down lol.

• dmhr25
  • Super Waygook

• October 03, 2010, 04:07:38 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 09:19:01 am »
Your bathrooms have hot water?  JEALOUS.

• dbtm
  • Veteran

• February 27, 2011, 11:46:56 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:20:10 am »
The lack of hot water and soap are inexcusable. It's a necessary part of hygiene.

I don't see the problem with BYO toilet paper though. Every one of my coteachers has their own roll in their desk, just take what you need when you go to the washroom.

• kiwikimchi
  • Expert Waygook

• December 27, 2010, 10:15:31 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 09:30:36 am »
The lack of hot water and soap are inexcusable. It's a necessary part of hygiene.

I don't see the problem with BYO toilet paper though. Every one of my coteachers has their own roll in their desk, just take what you need when you go to the washroom.

I think that's the worst part about no toilet paper.

There is a common place where a big roll of toilet paper is kept and every time a teacher needs to go do their business they rip a bit off infront of everyone. Teachers look up have a look who is going to do number 1 ones or twos.
It's a screaming advertisment for 'look at me everyone, I am going to take a dump'.

• Jeff619
  • Expert Waygook

• May 26, 2011, 08:12:52 am
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 09:32:04 am »
We have hot water in the teachers' bathrooms but not in the others.  As someone mentioned above about the open windows and cold water, I can assume the kids just don't wash their hands.  No more high fives for them.

• Spongeblob
  • Super Waygook

• March 03, 2011, 10:21:58 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 09:51:30 am »
You have bathrooms?  :o
Luxury pure luxury.

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 12:27:06 pm »
I just heat up the kettle and place my hands on it.

For this reason, I've been drinking lots of tea! The only problem with this is it makes me need to use the bathroom more (which is freezing!)

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 12:45:14 pm »
Yeah, the centralized toilet paper dispenser really irks me. And when it runs out, no one seems to care. Human dignity means little in the bathrooms here...

• woman-king
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 18, 2010, 03:56:29 pm
    • Gyeonggi
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 12:48:12 pm »
I just heat up the kettle and place my hands on it.

For this reason, I've been drinking lots of tea! The only problem with this is it makes me need to use the bathroom more (which is freezing!)

Same, same.  Definitely no hot water, but my favorite coteacher actually bought me a new kettle to use in my classroom so I don't even go to the teacher's room to refill my tea mug between classes. 

• dmhr25
  • Super Waygook

• October 03, 2010, 04:07:38 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 12:48:12 pm »
Yeah, the centralized toilet paper dispenser really irks me. And when it runs out, no one seems to care. Human dignity means little in the bathrooms here...

Yeah, we have these.  However, the toilet paper refills are kept on the floor, so they get all wet and moldy - making them impossible to actually get out of the dispenser.  (This is, of course - when we do have toilet paper.)  I just bring my own.

• Gansie
  • Veteran

• September 21, 2011, 08:01:42 am
    • Incheon, South Korea
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 12:52:26 pm »
May I ask where you guys are situated? Are you in the countryside? I'm placed at a very poor school in the city, but at least we have all the basics. Not to brag or anything (OK, maybe just a little  ;D), but we have hot water, great heating in the school and those electric toilets with heated seats. I thought that was the norm?

What does the other teachers at the school do? Or do they suffer through it like you do?

• Jrong
  • The Legend

• April 28, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
    more
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 12:59:24 pm »

Yeah, we have these.  However, the toilet paper refills are kept on the floor, so they get all wet and moldy - making them impossible to actually get out of the dispenser.  (This is, of course - when we do have toilet paper.)  I just bring my own.
That centralized toilet paper dispenser is a "great" idea hatched in the minds of a toilet paper company lobby to get us to use more (and make the govt buy more) toilet paper. You know you're going to rip off way more than you need, just in case.

I feel sorry for the women out there, those toilet seats can be brutally cold.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

• CMTC
  • Veteran

• October 29, 2010, 02:41:12 pm
    • South Korea

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 01:30:51 pm »
jrong:  i WISH we had toilet seats!  the squatters, no hot water, no tissue and no soap are much worse (for women).  ;)

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 01:56:24 pm »
Damn you guys work at some ghetto schools.  Having to use hot water to stay warm? no hot water in the bathroom? BOYTP? lmfao.

I'm assuming these same schools don't have heat in the classroom? 

I'm blasting the heat in my class.  Kids complain that my room is hot, but I don't care.  It's freezing outside.

• Seoulian
  • Veteran

• September 13, 2010, 08:09:40 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 02:08:55 pm »
Damn you guys work at some ghetto schools.  Having to use hot water to stay warm? no hot water in the bathroom? BOYTP? lmfao.

I'm assuming these same schools don't have heat in the classroom? 

I'm blasting the heat in my class.  Kids complain that my room is hot, but I don't care.  It's freezing outside.

I just had to sit in an unheated classroom doing speaking test, while the other teachers sat in their comfortable rooms. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment - I'm telling the adjumma's at the last second about, Korea style. I hope they can cover my afternoon classes. I'm sick of this place.

• donuts81
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 20, 2010, 10:23:37 am
    • Korea
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 02:45:35 pm »
God no! bathrooms are so horrid in Korea.  Everyday a fresh new bathroom atrocity waiting to greet you.

"You can't hurt me now, Mr Lee. I've lost all feeling"