Read 55878 times

• bbo
  • Adventurer

• March 15, 2011, 11:07:44 am
Re: Kung fu Panda Bomb Game Template
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »
Don't be frustrated!  Even with the best of game templates here I'm finding myself checking and re-checking and finding small glitches each time I check or play the game.  I think small changes are made (often unknowingly) when people edit and re-save the game for their use that often cause odd technical issues with different people.

Just a note for people who use these games without fully previewing:
I always check every single option of the game before actually playing it in class to make sure that every link is compatible with my computer.   This I find especially important with games like this where the kids have so many options because though 2 of the links might work, one might not.  And it's always good to know beforehand exactly where you should be clicking to lead to where.  So I'll keep going in and out of the presentation to check every option so that the game goes smoothly in class.  Less frustrating for me and more fun for the kids to check that all out beforehand!

And I played this with three 3rd year classes today and they LOVED it!  All those different options really make for an exciting game.  Thank you so much!  It's a great last lesson to have with my kids before they graduate.  (I put in questions that reviewed random lessons from the last 3 years that I've taught them.)

• gangwon
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• February 24, 2011, 08:07:24 am
    • Gangwon Do
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 09:55:36 pm »
Hi Rookie,

Just to let you know I've played this game with 6 different schools now and they all love it. As with all these compliments, I have a problem! Just a small one and I didn't pick up on it but my students did today, on slide 49 it says, "3 dumplings, 6 points." which all my students were quick to tell me is actually 9 points!

Thanks again for the game, I look forward to the next. BTW, all the hyperlinks have worked fine for me on a variety of different computers and I don't think I'm using the latest copy.

Charlie

• strawberry
  • Expert Waygook

• February 17, 2011, 10:08:30 am
    • Gyeongbuk, South Korea
    more
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 07:52:28 pm »
I love love love this game!!!!

I'm currently previewing it on office 2010, although I only have 2003 at school... so will check it out again next week. 

The only thing not working for me is that on the questions slide the letters don't disappear after they've been answered. (when I return to the question slide).  It's honestly not a biggie - I can write the letters on the board before class and just tick them off as we go on.  Just wondering if it might be because I'm on Office 2010, or if there's any way I can just fix it myself please let me know how to!

Other than that small thingy, I loooove this!! Definitely still going to use it! Thanks SO SO SO much!

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 09:12:24 am »

The only thing not working for me is that on the questions slide the letters don't disappear after they've been answered. (when I return to the question slide).  It's honestly not a biggie - I can write the letters on the board before class and just tick them off as we go on.  Just wondering if it might be because I'm on Office 2010, or if there's any way I can just fix it myself please let me know how to!

Thanks Strawberry =)

The letters should disappear with 2007 and 2003, so don't worry!

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 11:45:36 am »
Hi Rookie,

Just to let you know I've played this game with 6 different schools now and they all love it. As with all these compliments, I have a problem! Just a small one and I didn't pick up on it but my students did today, on slide 49 it says, "3 dumplings, 6 points." which all my students were quick to tell me is actually 9 points!

Thanks again for the game, I look forward to the next. BTW, all the hyperlinks have worked fine for me on a variety of different computers and I don't think I'm using the latest copy.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie! I've fixed the slides, thanks for pointing that out and sorry it took so long!

• strawberry
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeongbuk, South Korea
    more
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 12:08:40 pm »

Thanks Strawberry =)

Aah It's not working for me on 2003 :(  I have macros enabled, but it doesnt go back to the letters slide for me so can't even check if it disappears. :(

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 10:14:43 am »
Like the game, kill time when I am bored.. :)

It's for your students, not you! But thanks? haha

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 10:18:54 am »

Thanks Strawberry =)

Aah It's not working for me on 2003 :(  I have macros enabled, but it doesnt go back to the letters slide for me so can't even check if it disappears. :(

Are you editing it in 2010 and then saving it, moving it to 2003 and then playing it? That just might be the problem!

• strawberry
  • Expert Waygook

• Gyeongbuk, South Korea
    more
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 10:32:30 am »

Thanks Strawberry =)

Are you editing it in 2010 and then saving it, moving it to 2003 and then playing it? That just might be the problem!

No.. just did a complete re-download :(

• JF512
  • Waygookin

• August 26, 2011, 09:25:01 am
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 09:25:36 am »
Hey!

Thanks for this game! It's wonderful!
I have a question though... Is it just me, or am I missing how the scoring goes? For some teams, I can only increase their points in increments of five when I click on them. And on other teams, I can only decrease points/increase points by one.

I snooped around the notes quite a bit... but I'm just baffled by how it is all supposed to work.
Hope to hear some responses!

Thanks in advance.

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 08:08:24 am »
Hey!

Thanks for this game! It's wonderful!
I have a question though... Is it just me, or am I missing how the scoring goes? For some teams, I can only increase their points in increments of five when I click on them. And on other teams, I can only decrease points/increase points by one.

I snooped around the notes quite a bit... but I'm just baffled by how it is all supposed to work.
Hope to hear some responses!

Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly, the top left corner goes up by 5 points. The top right corner goes up by 1 point. Or it might be the other way around. Same with decreasing the points. Bottom left should decrease by 5 points, bottom right should decrease by 1 one point (Or the other way around) Just play around with the corners!

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 02:50:15 pm »
Before I start, I'd like to say this game is AMAZING!!!  Probably one of the best I've seen in terms of aesthetics and gameplay!

Is anyone else having problems with the Master Shen slides?  The only issue I have is that whenever I click on "fight", or "Please, no!" it always chooses cannon.  It works on my computer in the teachers' office, but when I use it on my classroom computer there is no where to click so it just goes to the "Cannon" option.  I hope this makes sense.  Any advice on changing this?  I've never known how to enable macros, especially if all the menu options are in Korean.

Anyone else having this problem?  One of my students was SCREAMING at me because his team lost when they chose "Fight" but "Cannon" showed up and made them switch points with another team!  :o :laugh:

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2012, 11:57:39 am »
Before I start, I'd like to say this game is AMAZING!!!  Probably one of the best I've seen in terms of aesthetics and gameplay!

Is anyone else having problems with the Master Shen slides?  The only issue I have is that whenever I click on "fight", or "Please, no!" it always chooses cannon.  It works on my computer in the teachers' office, but when I use it on my classroom computer there is no where to click so it just goes to the "Cannon" option.  I hope this makes sense.  Any advice on changing this?  I've never known how to enable macros, especially if all the menu options are in Korean.

Anyone else having this problem?  One of my students was SCREAMING at me because his team lost when they chose "Fight" but "Cannon" showed up and made them switch points with another team!  :o :laugh:

I am flattered. Thank you :)

A majority of the box is clickable, but the actual text is not. So when you put the mouse over the chosen box, make sure the cursor turns into a hand before you click.

• Kalona13
  • Adventurer

• September 02, 2011, 08:30:03 am
    • jincheon
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2012, 09:57:02 am »
Rookiewaygook- Thanks so much for putting this template together!!!! You did an amazing job and I can't wait to try this out with my 1st grade middle school students :D

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 02:58:13 pm »
Rookiewaygook- Thanks so much for putting this template together!!!! You did an amazing job and I can't wait to try this out with my 1st grade middle school students :D

You're welcome. =)

• rexbaylon
  • Veteran

• March 08, 2012, 02:41:20 pm
    • south korea
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 08:12:48 am »
Hi,

love the game and am definitely going to use it for my students to review the past tense, but I'm having a bit of a problem with the Shen slide transitions. After they choose fight, cannon, or please no and it returns to the game board all the letters go back in place, even the ones that were already played. Is there a solution to this minor problem?

• jlehmke
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2011, 10:54:48 am
    • Seongnam
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:41 am »
So Thank you to Lynda for making the game. I didn't know 2007 ENG PPT would help you excel so far.  Anyway not to disrespect you or Suil MS but I re-edited your trailer and simply used some sound fx you included already.  Some were asking how to remove the Suil part and your credits. 

How do I add the new trailer to the game???

• jlehmke
  • Veteran

• March 02, 2011, 10:54:48 am
    • Seongnam
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2012, 10:12:01 am »
Was there a version 2 posted of this game?

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 06:44:09 am »
Hi,

love the game and am definitely going to use it for my students to review the past tense, but I'm having a bit of a problem with the Shen slide transitions. After they choose fight, cannon, or please no and it returns to the game board all the letters go back in place, even the ones that were already played. Is there a solution to this minor problem?

You need to click on Shen himself. (Move the mouse around until it turns into a cursor before you click.) Clicking on Shen should bring you to the scoreboard, not the slide with the letters. If you see the slide with the letters you are only clicking to advanced to the next slide. I know, it's confusing - sorry!

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2012, 06:44:59 am »
So Thank you to Lynda for making the game. I didn't know 2007 ENG PPT would help you excel so far.  Anyway not to disrespect you or Suil MS but I re-edited your trailer and simply used some sound fx you included already.  Some were asking how to remove the Suil part and your credits. 

How do I add the new trailer to the game???

Replace the movie in the folder with the new movie. Make sure the filename is the same.  :D