Read 69492 times

• skinsk
  • Explorer

• January 23, 2012, 11:08:59 am
    • Suncheon
Re: NZ teacher in hospital. What would you do?
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2012, 11:45:45 am »
Just made a small donation-- as a long-term, older expat. I am glad to see that everything is working out well for him.

• Harpoinseoul
  • Expert Waygook

• March 23, 2011, 06:49:03 pm
    • Coquitlam, BC
    more
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:35 am »
Our thoughts, prayers, light, love & good juju your way Mick. Just sent a donation via PayPal. It's in Canadian dollars. You may need to open a Canadian dollar currency in it in order to receive it.

Wishing you the best with your recovery.

Sincerely,

Yvon & Michelle

Seoul

www.harpo.ca
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

• AC_in_Korea
  • Super Waygook

• July 30, 2010, 11:25:33 am
    • Miryang, South Korea
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2012, 08:10:34 pm »
Happy New Year!
We are still trying to raise funds to help Mick and his family pay off the hospital bill. 
Here is a Valentine's Day fundraiser, and I hope it benefits you too!  The facebook event can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/events/312656722114573/

And here is the information:

Flowers for Friends!
Friendship love should be celebrated too - and what better day than Valentines Day?
This year, buying flowers can give you a warm fuzzy feeling too, since it will help raise funds for a fellow foreign teacher in need.

Daegu Volunteers and 화가와꽃 (Artist and Flowers) in Siji, Daegu have generously offered to donate 10% of all Valentine's Day flowers sold, to the fund to help a foreign teacher, Michael Milne, with his hospital debt.

For more information on Michael's recent emergency liver transplant, and the hospital bill that we are trying to raise funds to help him pay for, please see this link:
http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20120104000886

To view the beautiful flower creations that are available, please visit this link:
http://blog.naver.com/floristbomi

*Hand-held bouquets start at 20,000, bigger bouquets at 30,000 and baskets start at 50,000.
*Orders should be in by Feb. 12

The store is located in Siji, (Gyeongsan/Daegu area), and the store information can be found on the website.

Thank you so much for your support!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

• artofwill80
  • Adventurer

• October 15, 2010, 03:13:21 pm
    • Suwon, South Korea
« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2012, 12:04:27 pm »
I just put in my donation. I wanted to give more, but I also made a donation for Andrew (Incheon teacher in a coma). I will try to donate more next month.

I would like to get my hands on one of those flower baskets for Valentine's Day, but too bad I live in Suwon  :(.

• AC_in_Korea
  • Super Waygook

• Miryang, South Korea
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2012, 01:17:58 pm »
@Artofwill

Thank you very much - every bit helps! 

• smores85
  • Waygookin

• March 31, 2011, 08:18:55 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2012, 06:38:51 pm »
I wasn't able to contribute before and during the holidays but am happy to say that I was able to make a contribution today and will continue to send a little each month as needed.  Best wishes!

• AC_in_Korea
  • Super Waygook

• Miryang, South Korea
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2012, 03:01:28 pm »
@Smores - thank you.  That is very generous of you.

« Reply #227 on: March 08, 2012, 02:28:48 pm »
I donated $200 last January, and it looks like you still need help! I'll donate more :-)

• blairfitz
  • Explorer

• March 19, 2012, 12:10:08 pm
    • Naju, Korea
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2012, 07:53:48 am »
Damn...he is in my thoughts...Hope he comes back fighting fit

• AC_in_Korea
  • Super Waygook

• Miryang, South Korea
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2012, 02:30:11 pm »
Hello!

Blairfitz and kahunamama - thank you for your interest;  I know this thread might be too long to sort through, however an update was posted a page or two back.

Please find a final update for all who have been following this thread, and who have offered their best wishes and support, in any way!

Michael is continuing to recover well, (and looks fantastic!)

He is back at work now, and has monthly appointments at the Busan hospital to ensure this keeps up.

The initial hospital bill that so many people generously gave donations for is 75% paid!!!! ;D
Thank you SO much, thank you whole heartedly from Mick, his family, and his friends!

A payment plan has been drawn up, so that the remainder can be paid monthly, over the next couple of years.

The struggle isn't completely over, as Mick missed out on three months of work, and therefore three months of income, and was not eligible for any of his end of contract bonuses.  And, although he re-signed a contract for this year, he is not entitled to any re-signing bonuses, nor an 'end of' contract bonus for this year.

Even with these setbacks, Mick is extremely grateful to be employed, and sincerely appreciates the fact that so many generous people have helped to decrease the debt owed to the hospital.

From Mick, his family, his friends, and from me personally,

Thank you so much to everyone who was able to offer support in one way or another.  Your effort is still truly appreciated, and will always be remembered.
To Waygook moderators, and Arsalan, Thank you so much for the help and support that you gave all of us during this time!  Waygook is a major part of how we were able to raise so much!

A sincere and heartfelt thank you, once again!

« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2012, 08:18:41 pm »
I know that the US embassy sometimes helps people in dire medical situations in some countries.  Don't know if his condition would apply, but maybe contact the NZ embassy and see if there are any options to pursue?

« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2012, 11:03:21 pm »
I know that the US embassy sometimes helps people in dire medical situations in some countries.  Don't know if his condition would apply, but maybe contact the NZ embassy and see if there are any options to pursue?
You're about 5 months late.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.