Read 1981 times

• Dinkymoo
  • Adventurer

• September 03, 2010, 11:57:28 am
    • Korea
Taking a break from EPIK and starting again
« on: November 11, 2010, 11:11:54 am »
Does anyone know the implications involved in taking a break from the EPIK program (after you have finished your contract) and starting a new contract with EPIK in a different MOE, six months later?

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
Re: Taking a break from EPIK and starting again
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 11:55:33 am »
Does anyone know the implications involved in taking a break from the EPIK program (after you have finished your contract) and starting a new contract with EPIK in a different MOE, six months later?

you're a freshman again since there's no integration between MOEs. so, gotta submit all the documents all over again and, yes, no bump in salary--unless you're going to an area where EPIK pays more than where you are now (e.g., incheon/busan vs daejeon).

Reference

http://www.epik.go.kr/

click "teachers resources" --> "administrative tasks" --> "notes" --> "decide to renew...."

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:09:14 pm by daveyc18 »
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

• Shauno
  • Veteran

• November 01, 2010, 10:06:24 pm
    • Gyeongsan
Re: Taking a break from EPIK and starting again
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:46:11 am »
Agreed. You're a freshman again. I researched this because I wanted to do the same thing, but then all the administration put me off so I decided to just renew since Im already employed. There would probably be a bump in salary since you'd have a years experience. FYI: Metropolitan cities in general pay less than provinces, so if you decide to come back think about whether you'd like to teach in a metro city or a regular city elsewhere in the province.  Goodluck!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 09:51:27 am by Shauno »