Read 4104 times

• jennzoidh
  • Waygookin

• October 27, 2010, 08:26:32 am
    • South Korea
A quick PPT to introduce some of the vocab.

• dsdubya
  • Adventurer

• March 06, 2011, 03:16:14 pm
    • Sinchang, South Korea
Grade 4, Lesson 10 "I went skating yesterday."
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:10:48 am »
Hi All,

I don't know how to start a new thread, so I'll just report this link so that it will be moved to the correct lesson. I don't have much, but I've modified and combined a few PowerPoints from other similar books to make an intro PPT for Lesson 10, that's more applicable to our key expressions.

Also, the 2nd PowerPoint are the unedited pictures. They'll need to be cropped/trimmed for games and the like. I just thought I'd post it now, so that you can use them if needed to create activities.

Also, here's a related song: Kind of fast, but it'll do the trick for focusing students on the beginning of a new lesson. I found this posted under another book's thread for a similarly named chapter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAHyjh97xA

I'll be posting my finished work within a day or so. Thanks.

• dsdubya
  • Adventurer

• March 06, 2011, 03:16:14 pm
    • Sinchang, South Korea
Re: Grade 4, Lesson 10 "I went skating yesterday."
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 07:06:12 pm »
Here's another intro PowerPoint with the pictures and expressions from the book.

Also, at the end, there's a matching (memory) game for practice of speaking. I'm using this for Lesson 2.

The first intro ppt did not go over too well. I think it was a little too complicated for my kids' understanding.

• Alex89
  • Explorer

• November 21, 2011, 06:16:02 pm
    • Ulsan, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:42:48 pm »
This is the ppt I used for the 'th' sound which is on page 129 of the book.

• katsy3g4
  • Veteran

• August 20, 2011, 05:14:36 pm
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:26:02 pm »
I made a simple game for language practice. I tried to include as many fun anime and cartoon characters as I possibly could to keep student's interest. This is how you play:

Divide the class up into teams (I will have one side of the room versus the other side) and show the first conversation (you could have boys read one part and girls read the other). When they get it right, let them roll a die for points. We have big, squishy dice in our room and the kids love to be the ones to roll it so they usually have fun with this kind of game. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.

I hope this helps!

• katsy3g4
  • Veteran

• Seoul, South Korea
Re: Grade 4, lesson 10 - I went skating yesterday! (Cameron Wood book)
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 11:59:28 am »
I modified one of the intro power points posted here and hopefully made it a little more colorful and easier to understand for 4th graders. This is good for period one, for it introduces the target language and key expressions and also includes a picture matching game.

• katsy3g4
  • Veteran

• Seoul, South Korea
Re: Grade 4, lesson 10 - I went skating yesterday! (Cameron Wood book)
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 01:43:20 pm »
Here's a timed word unscramble game I made for section four of the book. It's a little challenging so feel free to modify how some of the words are scrambled. I give one point for ten second words, two for twenty, and three for thirty. I did this with my fifth graders and they really got a kick out of it.