Read 1964 times

• GreenFloyd
  • Veteran

• September 02, 2010, 06:56:23 pm
    • Hyeonpung, Daegu, South Korea
Really Large Halloween Culture Lesson (Sounds, music, etc.)
« on: October 25, 2011, 10:11:37 am »
Hello :).

I was just going through this PPT I made from last year and I realized it's probably good enough to share with you guys. It's got a ton of pictures, some vocabulary, history, and popular traditions of Halloween in America. There are some photos of me in there which I didn't bother to change. Just a heads up :)

There are a few Halloween songs/sounds which I included which I usually played on loop in the background as I taught the lesson. Keep the lights off when you teach it!

The lesson was long enough that I only did a short quiz to review at the end but the students were thoroughly engaged the whole time even without an activity. Lots of teacher-centered teaching going on for this one though which may not be your thing.

Hope you enjoy

• raven kat
  • Waygookin

• September 07, 2011, 12:44:42 pm
    • Naju
Re: Really Large Halloween Culture Lesson (Sounds, music, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:22:52 am »
thanks so much : ) i think at the school i teach at this would be a good intro /first half of a lesson before a game

• Kalona13
  • Adventurer

• September 02, 2011, 08:30:03 am
    • jincheon
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:59:06 am »
Awesome ppt, Greenfloyd! Thanks! I am going to use this for my middle school boys next week :)

• Ms.Smith
  • Waygookin

• December 15, 2009, 10:07:27 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:34:41 am »
spectacular power point - my middle school girls are going to wet themselves every time the witch pops up! 

thank you!