Read 1876 times

Anyone else have issues with red eyes?
« on: October 24, 2011, 11:02:06 am »
Since I've been in Korea, my eyes have constantly been sore, red, and itchy.

I have been wearing contact lenses for about 5 years and never had much of a problem until I came to Korea. I now have to opt for glasses once or twice a week because my eyes are too sore and sensitive for the contact lenses. My eyes would be red for two or three days at a time, and then suddenly they would be fine again.

Wearing glasses instead of contacts doesn't always help. I could go days without wearing my lenses and my eyes would still be red.

I live in the country-side, so I really don't think air pollution is too much of a problem (however, I do notice it gets worse when I visit cities on the weekend).

Anyone else have a similiar issue? Should I just go to an optometrist? Also, would anyone recommend any good solutions (like a brand of eye drops)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Re: Anyone else have issues with red eyes?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:28:42 am »
How new are you to Korea?  Korea has considerable more air pollution and aerosols in their cities.  It could be that.  It could be pink eye.  Perhaps you should go to an eye doctor instead of asking a bunch of ESLers.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:44:28 am »
Mine have been red but not really itchy or anything anymore. They bother me sometimes when I have my contacts in for a long time but not usually. I got some otc stuff at the pharmacy, but they're still red. Since they're not bothering me though, I haven't gone to a doctor. I'll probably be blind soon. I'll let you know what happens.

• Ross84
  • Adventurer

• November 17, 2010, 01:20:35 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 12:18:55 pm »
Try oil pulling (google it cos I aint gon explain).

Worked wonders for my eyes.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 03:14:40 pm »
Yeah... I've had pinkeye heaps and I've also been producing fewer tears. 

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 03:24:35 pm »
Hell yeah! It's driving me nuts. My eyes are constantly red and tear a lot and it's not only because I'm an overly sensitive, passionate Frenchman either  :laugh:

I look like I'm always high!

A friend just brought some Visine for me, that helps. I doubt it's the pollution, but it may be. I live in the serious sticks, at least an hour from a small real city. You can drink the tap water here, and that's saying something.

Mods: What about the idea I had a while back regarding a forum for medical type questions? You can actually get some good advice here from time to time from others who have had the same issues.
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

• yeti08
  • Super Waygook

• July 03, 2011, 12:58:29 pm
    • Anyang
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 03:37:46 pm »

Mods: What about the idea I had a while back regarding a forum for medical type questions? You can actually get some good advice here from time to time from others who have had the same issues.

I second this, it'd be great.

As to the OP, I cannot wear contacts for as long as I could back home.  Back home I'd put them in, in the morning and not have to take them out until right before bed.  Here I am lucky if I can last 6 hours... 
I have no advice on how to change it, seeing I haven't figured it out yet. 

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 07:51:09 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)