Read 2380 times

• davidcfs
  • Adventurer

• August 26, 2011, 03:38:36 pm
    • Gumi
Dress Shirts
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:38:46 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with buying dress shirts here? I'm slim and thus not worried about tightness, but I would like to make sure I get one that fits my lanky stature. Any links to size comparisons or something like that would be much appreciated.

I'm a 15-1/2 with a 34/35 length. The whole 105CM system is confusing for me :(

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dress Shirts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »
You can go to any men's store and get measured.  In my opinion, there's nothing better than being there and dealing with flesh and bone.  At the risk of sounding useless and lazy, I have no links to  show.
You get what you give :)

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:30:21 pm »
uniqlo is a terrible place to buy dress shirts.

shirts, its great, dress shirts, and thats one of the last places to go if i wanted to look like a professional.

pm me and i can recommend a store. ive gotten compliments from women on my shirts, never the case with a place like uniqlo.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 04:55:06 pm »
if you want really nice dress shirts, i would recommend the department stores. i have a couple from ziozoa and theyre really nice and fit well. for some nice but cheaper ones, i would recommend giodano or some of the dongdaemun stores. when looking for the right fit, the people who work there will be more than glad to find the right one for you.

• Paul
  • Featured Contributor

• September 21, 2010, 10:28:58 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:48:21 am »
Really? I wear a fair bit of Uniqlo stuff and get complimented on some it all the time. Having said that, there can be slim pickings at anything short of a major store and even then (the global "flagship" store is where they offload unsold surplus returned from everywhere else for example). I've walked out of more Uniqlo stores than I have made a purchase at. Pick and choose carefully. Even when purchasing items I knew what Uniqlo stuff I bought was cheap crap, and I knew what was the bee's knees.

Rule applies as much to dress shirts as anything else. Look for how "plasticy" they appear. Of course, if you want to look totally pro, skip Uniqlo and find anywhere that sells 100% cotton shirts. Doesn't even have to be a brand label shop, its the material that distinguishes.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:50:02 am by Paul »
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 02:02:48 pm »
Honestly, I dig Uniqlo as well.  They've got styles that not only fit our meaty Western bodies, but also appeal to some of our senses.  I wear the sunshine out of a few plaid button...downs...bu tton-ups...my friend Richie would kick my tuckus...anyway, I've gotten some fresh threads and the thing that matters is I like it. 

As usual, I can't care less about what others think about my choices.  Correction, I only care about what my family including my fiancee's family and my close friends say.  My close friends can be jerks but I know they're honest.  I'm not sayin I slob it around, but I don't really listen to what's hot or not, and I feel the stuff I buy at Uniqlo is something I'd wear for a long time.

To give a better example, I'm currently sitting here in my lavender shirt, pink tie (non-sparkles), and Docker's khakis.  I saw myself in the mirror, yesterday, and thought 'I really want to wear that pink tie.' Fall isn't really a pastel kinda time, but to me it doesn't matter all that much.

But to get back to the point, I think you can get measured at a men's store like Indian Homme or Vostros.  Hell I even think you can get measured at Homeplus and Emart.  As for shirts, I've found that I'm either a 100 or 105 depending on the style, but I prefer a more fitted look.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:08:18 pm by WorkingTitle3484 »
You get what you give :)