Read 2110 times

• summerthyme
  • Featured Contributor

• July 10, 2010, 05:02:32 am
    • Waegwan, Chilgok, Gyeongbuk
    more
Winter Weather/Clothes, MG1/MG2 (lower levels)
« on: November 03, 2010, 12:47:10 pm »
Here is a presentation with a brief overview of some winter weather and winter clothing.  Words include:

snow/snowing
wind/windy
cold/freezing

knit cap / earmuffs / ski mask
jacket / coat
scarf / turtleneck
ski pants / tights / leggings
gloves / mittens
boots / long underwear / thermals

I've got slides with the terms and pictures on them, and then a few activities where students describe what weather they see and what each person in the pictures are wearing.

However, I'm drawing a blank on activities to go with the presentation.  I'm worried that this will probably take 20-25 minutes max, leaving me with half a class period left.  Any ideas for activities that don't require worksheets for every student?  If we use worksheets, they are usually for small groups of 5 or 6 to complete together.
Please click "Report to moderator" for posts that show harassment, fighting, rudeness, or which otherwise go against waygook's general terms and conditions.  Thanks for your assistance!

• buckwild32
  • Explorer

• September 05, 2010, 11:39:43 am
    • Gwangju, South Korea
Re: Winter Weather/Clothes, MG1/MG2 (lower levels)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:04:31 pm »
What about having the students draw the person? I did this when I did my descriptions lesson. I had a picture of Mrs Potato head, and I described it to the students i.e. she has a round large head, she has a big round nose, she has big red lips, her ears are small...etc. The students would only draw what I said, then at the end I showed them the picture and we all got a laugh.
Find a picture of someone all dressed in winter clothes and describe it and have the kids draw the items, scarf, hat, mittens, beanie whatever... Just a suggestion!