Read 2716 times

• americaussie
  • Waygookin

• October 11, 2010, 12:13:42 pm
    • 840 UNITED STATES
Song titles and videos
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:50:27 am »
Hey all,

I was hoping you guys could help me out.  I am trying to put together a list of song titles that Korean middles schoolers (I teach all boys) would know-but I am looking for titles of more than one word so that I can split them up for a matching game, or play pictionary with them (those can be one word).

I am also looking for some music videos (or others, too, I guess) they can watch and try to remember thigns from.  I'll ask them questions like "How many __ were there?  What animal walked in front of the band.  What color was the (something or other)."

Thanks for your input!  Obviously, if you think this is a good idea...steal it!  I stole it from Spicks and Specks, and Aussie music quiz show.  (If you know it, I'll just say, too bad I can't construct a bike that they ride to play the song, or play songs backward! :) )

• mycombs
  • Veteran

• September 03, 2010, 06:39:03 am
    • Seoul
Re: Song titles and videos
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:52:13 pm »
Middle-schoolers seem to love Justin Bieber's "Baby" but they don't know the words. Totally kid-safe video. You can also try Ingrid Michaelson, she has a bunch of poppy kid-safe songs that they will like.
For songs they know in English, maybe Jason Mraz and that "Lemon Tree" song, plus "Bippity Boppity Doo" from Cinderella
"Signature"

• juliann
  • Adventurer

• September 08, 2010, 02:07:05 pm
    • Gwangju, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:56:27 am »
My middle-schoolers love Kelly Clarkson (Break Away) and Westlife's version of You Raise Me Up, they also know Rihanna, Beyonce, ABBA and Michael Jackson.

• infogoddess
  • Featured Contributor

• March 03, 2010, 10:18:59 am
    • Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:41:45 am »
my sixth graders love the Ok GO videos - the latest one requires lots of observation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w

the one with dogs is also a big hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlJODYBLKs&feature=channel
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:44:40 am by infogoddess »
"The Bhagavad Gita - that ancient Indian Yogic text - says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection. So now I have started living my own life." Elizabeth Gilbert