Read 825 times

• mon
  • Explorer

• December 15, 2010, 02:19:46 pm
    • ilsan
broadcasting class
« on: October 13, 2011, 01:45:41 pm »
Hey Everyone!

I was just wondering if you guys could help me out.  I have to teach a broadcasting class every Tuesday that goes out to 40 middle school classes at my school.  Now,  I'm having trouble keeping there interest because I can't see them therefore I feel as though I can't interact with them in order to keep their interest.  I usually first start out with a song or funny video to try to peek their interest.  Then I do a ppt on the topic. Then I do a story and get them to listen and repeat.  And lastly we watch a video and I get them to fill out a work sheet, and then we take up the work sheet.  Now the students in my school are very low level.  If anyone has anymore idea's of how I can spark their interest, I would be most grateful.

Re: broadcasting class
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:20:37 pm »
I have a chat with a student, then do an English quiz like
I am a very special game.
The best people play at skating, skiing, and sledding.
I happen every four years
What am I?
 I do different puzzles for different years.  They submit their answers in a box by my office and I draw winners every week.  They win small token prizes. 
I also do a bit of call and response, I can hear them screaming around the building (listen...... carefully!)

Good luck.