Read 1060 times

How do I send my PC home??
« on: October 12, 2011, 07:57:08 am »
I bought a PC over here and I would like to ship it home (monitor included if possible) as I'm going travelling for 6 weeks after I leave Korea and can't bring it myslef.

• I tried the post office, who said they won't take a PC.
  • I also rang FedEx who quoted me a very expensive price (about 400,000).

Can anyone help me?

Re: How do I send my PC home??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 08:05:29 am »
Honestly, if it's a good pc you're better off stripping the important parts and the monitor and sending that back in your normal bags and buy a new case/fan/whatever else you need.  If it's a mediocre PC with mediocre parts, sell it to someone and buy a new one back home.  Shipping PC's home is extremely difficult and usually not worth it.

• Ectofuego
  • Featured Contributor

• November 02, 2010, 09:21:10 am
    • Mars
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:52:31 am »
Does not make sense sir.  I sent a computer home recently as well as a bunch of consoles and a professional keyboard.  They DO NOT offer any insurance on the items which is why they probably told you No, they dont want to risk you getting angry.  Cover the thing in a f-ton of bubble wrap and try another post office.
I'm Jason and I approve this message!

• lotte world
  • The Legend

• August 22, 2011, 09:00:38 pm
    more
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:03:34 am »
Take the hard drive out and send that.  Build a new PC at the other end and stick the hard drive in.

Or take all of the components out of the case (it's mostly air) and send them, well packaged of course.

Don't send the monitor.  It's too bulky and fragile.  Buy a new case and monitor at the other end.

Before you do this make a backup of everything so that you won't be sad if stuff doesn't arrive at the other end.