Read 1246 times

• bpcoxkr
  • Newgookin

• October 12, 2011, 08:53:57 am
Major (but resolved) Medical Issues and getting a job
« on: October 12, 2011, 09:02:30 am »
So, I'm still at uni, so it would be a while if I decide to go over (if at all) but this thought came to mind.

I have a few major medical problems. Theoretically they are resolved, but they certainly look nasty.

1) Scoliosis. had a surgery, it got botched, the revision got botched, but that finally got fixed when I went to UCSF. I'm now in good health, lift weights, etc, but do have some nasty scars on my back. In any case, it'll show up on the Xray sure as hell. I don't have any real restrictions apart from not wrestling or anything, and there are no meds.

2) Well, I have a relatively major heart problem. It will require surgery about every 25 years. I had surgery 9 years ago,but it definitely needs to be monitored at least once every couple years. Probably next time I have the surgery I'll be back in the states, and they will have finally figured out how to clone valves, but until then... I could probably BS it through applications, but if a problem arose it would be... problematic. Again, no meds for this besides low dose aspirin lol.

Re: Major (but resolved) Medical Issues and getting a job
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 11:35:54 am »
Are you a chick or a dude?

• DejaVu
  • Super Waygook

• April 17, 2011, 11:31:29 am
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 12:06:57 pm »
I don't see any problems...

if something serious comes up, you may be fired for having lied but if it's a serious problem than who cares if you're fired?  You'll probably need some rest anyhow.

Or, if you tell the truth about your history, they still may not care.  You just need a note from your Dr. saying that it won't affect your work.

• bpcoxkr
  • Newgookin

• October 12, 2011, 08:53:57 am
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 12:14:54 pm »
Are you a chick or a dude?
Dude.
Well, nothing catastrophic would happen. Like what would happen with heart is I go to appointment, stuff is going down hill, my contract ends, and I return to the states.