Read 2236 times

Getting KBO Playoff Tickets
« on: October 08, 2011, 01:14:31 pm »
Has anybody had any luck with this ever before. If I were to show up at Munhak Stadium tomorrow with a bunch of cash and determination to get a ticket, would I be able to scalp a ticket like in America? Is scalping tickets a thing here?

Any insight on this exceedingly important issue would be extremely appreciated.

Re: Getting KBO Playoff Tickets
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:05:15 am »
I just saw this post today, wish I would have stumbled across it sooner since the playoffs are almost over now. Anyway, the final round is still left to be played this week. If you want to buy tickets in advance you can do so at www.gmarket.co.kr However, if you don't speak Korean you may need to get someone to help you. Tickets for the first 2 games in Daegu go on sale today at 11:00am (just over 1 hour from now). Tickets for the final 5 games (games 3-4 in Incheon and games 5-6-7 in Jamsil) go on sale tomorrow at 11am. Be advised though that it still isn't easy to get tickets. The website will slow to a crawl and you'll get "server busy" messages all over the place. Tickets will sell out in less than an hour, they always do. In my experience, I have always managed to get some sort of tickets, but not always the ones that I wanted (ie had to go to a weekday game instead of the weekend or had to sit in crappy seats, etc)

As far as scalping, it is possible but I don't have a lot of experience with it. You'll always see people selling tickets in front of the stadium, but I'm not sure how much they are going for. Keep in mind that for the playoffs the regular price for the cheapest ticket is 20,000 won (general admission outfield) and are even higher for the reserved seats. So I'm just guessing but you may be looking at paying a lot (at least by KBO standards) for scalped tickets. I only bought scalped tickets once in Korea, at the 2007 all-star game. I paid 10,000 each for tickets with a list price of 6,000.... BUT.... ticket prices have gone up since then, the league has gained a lot of popularity since then, and the Korean Series grabs a lot more interest than the relatively meaningless all-star game.

Anyway, good luck to anyone trying for tickets.