Read 2319 times

• angelam
  • Explorer

• October 03, 2011, 01:47:43 pm
    • Majang, Icheon, South Korea
Looking for Korean class
« on: October 06, 2011, 05:25:54 pm »
I'm looking for a class to teach me korean. In Seoul or the Yangji-si area. (I do not live in Yangji, but it is close to Majang, Icheon where I do live)

My little area refuses to use english and daily living is difficult.

Thanks for the help! =3

• kimchikiwi
  • Veteran

• September 12, 2011, 03:55:45 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: Looking for Korean class
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:57:36 am »
You may already be aware of this but there are some great resources online if you can't find a class to attend. I personally like this website:
http://talktomeinkorean.com/
I use this due to lack of time. I hope this helps!

• SpaceRook
  • Expert Waygook

• November 18, 2010, 11:54:36 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 08:21:39 am »
I'm looking for a class to teach me korean. In Seoul or the Yangji-si area. (I do not live in Yangji, but it is close to Majang, Icheon where I do live)

My little area refuses to use english and daily living is difficult.

Thanks for the help! =3

You can try Sogang University's classes, which are in Sinchon (Subway Line 2 in Seoul).  I did a couple semesters of the evening course and liked it.  A couple suggestions: learn Hangeul first so you can test out of the Hangeul intro stuff.  Also, to make sure it is what you want, look at the books beforehand.  They are available in many bookstores (this is what they look like).

If you want a free tutor, you can look at the Korean Culture Complex.  They have several locations throughout the Seoul metro area.  The expectation is that you get a Korean tutor for an hour, and then you spend time helping the Korean attendees with their English.

There are also lots of free courses throughout Seoul, but I've never been to any of them. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:23:57 am by SpaceRook »

• cdwyer07
  • Waygookin

• June 23, 2011, 09:09:00 am
    • Incheon, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »
there is this website called www.converstaionexchange.com.  There a lot of Koreans on that website who are willing to teach you Korean.   With my experience though, far more males have emailed me than females.   The females are the ones who seem more serious.  You could post a profile and state what you are looking for.    Also, you could check out Language Cast in Seoul.  It's every Monday and I have heard good things about it. 

Good luck!

• sheila
  • Moderator - LVL 2

• November 23, 2009, 08:32:58 am
    • Gangnamgu, Seoul
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 12:20:23 pm »
Here's one that I used to take and the teachers are really great and teach you things that are totally useful in daily life as well as the alphabet if your just beginning.  They have anywhere from 3-5 levels and are centrally located in Gangnam. Classes are every Saturday with other waygooks.  Also, most months they have  cultural outing once a month on Sunday to explore other things about Korea besides the party scene.  I've made some good friends through this that I'm sure I'll stay in contact with in the future. And trust me, this class is very easy compared to the one I'm taking these days because you're taking classes with people who mostly speak English.  In my Korean class in Suwon, I'm the only one with English as a first language.  Anyways... http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/226512608192/ Check out their info site on facebook and contact Semin Oh or Woomin if you have any questions. Best of luck finding the right fit for you~!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

• Rilakuma
  • Adventurer

• June 07, 2011, 03:18:47 pm
    • Bundang, Gyeonggi
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »
Here's one that I used to take and the teachers are really great and teach you things that are totally useful in daily life as well as the alphabet if your just beginning.  They have anywhere from 3-5 levels and are centrally located in Gangnam. Classes are every Saturday with other waygooks.  Also, most months they have  cultural outing once a month on Sunday to explore other things about Korea besides the party scene.  I've made some good friends through this that I'm sure I'll stay in contact with in the future. And trust me, this class is very easy compared to the one I'm taking these days because you're taking classes with people who mostly speak English.  In my Korean class in Suwon, I'm the only one with English as a first language.  Anyways... http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/226512608192/ Check out their info site on facebook and contact Semin Oh or Woomin if you have any questions. Best of luck finding the right fit for you~!

What class do you take in Suwon? I want to try programs outside of Seoul and Suwon isn't that far from me :D