Read 1508 times

Korean Xbox Game Question
« on: October 05, 2011, 07:08:06 pm »
If I buy a Korean 360, are the Korean-region games all going to have Korean menu titles and overdubbing? What I mean is, if I buy Korean games that originate in the states (ie Elder Scrolls Skyrim) will it all be in Korean, or will I have the option to have everything exactly like the North American version? Any help would be appreciated.

• jp457
  • Explorer

• October 05, 2011, 10:41:55 pm
Re: Korean Xbox Game Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:08 pm »
If you buy a game here, chances are it will be a translated version. Menus and text will likely be changed, but audio dialogue will likely not. This might not matter much for certain games, but it could be a big problem for others.

• Songwon
  • Veteran

• September 29, 2011, 03:16:36 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 07:53:17 am »
Most games at least still have the option to play in English.  I don't know if you read Korean at all, but it does say on the back of the box (in very small print) whether the game is in Korean, English or both.

• amcinnisa
  • Adventurer

• March 01, 2010, 07:47:50 pm
    • Hwasun
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 07:58:26 am »
I have yet to have any problems with Korean games, they all seem to have the option for English and all that I have bought have actually been in English unless I turned on the Korean language feature.  A friend of mine always just told me to ask before you buy it about the game having an English option and it states on the back of the case what languages come with the game. 

• Davox
  • Super Waygook

• February 05, 2011, 03:01:13 pm
    • Ilsan
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 08:42:55 am »
If I buy a Korean 360, are the Korean-region games all going to have Korean menu titles and overdubbing? What I mean is, if I buy Korean games that originate in the states (ie Elder Scrolls Skyrim) will it all be in Korean, or will I have the option to have everything exactly like the North American version? Any help would be appreciated.

I own a Korean 360 and PS3, and the 360 is a bit of a crapshoot in this respect.  Like jp457 said, usually the audio will be in English (because why take that off the CD) but the menus,text and subtitles will sometimes be in Korean.  Or sometimes they will not be, and the whole thing will be in English only (which sucks for Koreans).

Or if the game is a Japanese game, replace English with Japanese.

This, by the way, is why it's generally better to get a PS3 over here, even if you normally prefer 360s.  PS3 games are MUCH more reliable about having many language options, including English, with everything.  And the games are region free, so you can take them back with you (along with the system, if you want to and can afford the luggage weight) when you go home eventually.  360's are not, so every 360 game I get here is one more I have to sell (along with the system) when I leave.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:20:17 pm »
Always check the back of the box on the game.