• bden011
  • Adventurer

• September 06, 2011, 06:38:36 pm
    • Incheon,South Korea
    more
How do I get a haircut in Korea?
« on: October 05, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »
Hi All,

I've been in Korea about 5 weeks now, and it's really time for a hairtrim or haircut. I have shoulder length hair, and I am considering getting an Audrey Hepburn crop cut. But....I'm really nervous that the stylist won't understand that I want my haircut as close to the picture as possible, no extra tweaking. Has anyone gotten a dramatic haircut here? Failing that, how do I indicate that I just want a "trim" (1 inch)? Are there any useful phrases?  Does anyone know much it tends to cost, on average, for a haircut here? Back home, I usually opt out of the styling portion, to save money, but here I may just go along with it.

(p.s. I posted this in General Discussion as well...wasn't sure which one was better)
Better is a dry morsel with quiet than a house full of feasting with strife- Proverbs 17:1

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
- Japanese Proverb

• Rootleaf
  • Adventurer

• June 22, 2011, 01:50:43 pm
    • Uijeongbu
Re: How do I get a haircut in Korea?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:16:50 pm »
If you live in a decent sized city, just bring in a picture and it shouldn't be a problem. If anything, I've had problems with them not cutting off enough in the past, but I'm a guy who likes to keep it neat and trim. Good luck!

• Canonite
  • Expert Waygook

• March 09, 2011, 11:50:19 pm
    • ROK
    more
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 05:35:09 pm »
A picture's worth a thousand words!!

Although, I just walked in without a pic or anything and mimed my way through the whole thing...I had a blast. I'm sure she didn't. As a bonus...I ended up with exactly the cut I wanted :D (which is nothing like the Korean haircuts haha).
*click*

• kimchikiwi
  • Veteran

• September 12, 2011, 03:55:45 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 08:07:28 am »
A picture's worth a thousand words!!

Although, I just walked in without a pic or anything and mimed my way through the whole thing...I had a blast. I'm sure she didn't. As a bonus...I ended up with exactly the cut I wanted :D (which is nothing like the Korean haircuts haha).

That's quite brave of you!

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 08:16:26 am »
http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,3217.100.html

I merged the threads.

I attached a list of phrases and words for you (currently the third last post on page 3).

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:20:43 am by Davey »
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html