Read 1198 times

• plchron
  • Super Waygook

• July 20, 2011, 10:24:04 am
    • Ulsan
How to get a remittance number
« on: September 30, 2011, 06:20:45 am »
Do I have to go to the bank in Person to do this? I went to KEB on a Sunday and set up internet banking and opened an acoount. now I need a remittance account or a remittance number or something. Can someone please explain the next step?

Thanks

p.s. trying to send money to the US

• toddc06
  • Super Waygook

• April 28, 2011, 10:37:54 am
    • Pyeongtaek, Gyeonggi-do
Re: How to get a remittance number
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 06:39:05 am »
I just set one up about a week ago.   You need to go to keb and have your US bank's SWIFT code, routing number, account number, and your passport/arc card.  Depending which branch of keb you may also need a Korean to come with you unless you speak korean ^^  I think that's about it, unless anybody wants to add something that I forgot.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:40:41 am by toddc06 »

Re: How to get a remittance number
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 07:57:20 am »
I just set one up about a week ago.   You need to go to keb and have your US bank's SWIFT code, routing number, account number, and your passport/arc card.  Depending which branch of keb you may also need a Korean to come with you unless you speak korean ^^  I think that's about it, unless anybody wants to add something that I forgot.
Yeah, just go in once with all that stuff and after that you should be able to send money home by online banking from now on.