Read 1253 times

• edge518
  • Adventurer

• July 31, 2011, 06:10:41 am
I know most people will say ARC, but a co-worker said I could use a Certificate of Alien Registration in place of the ARC...but I went to an LG store and they said I had to wait for an ARC... (It'll take 2 more weeks...) I spent $25 via Taxi going to Gangnam and back to get a Certificate of Alien Registration... thinking it would help me set up a bank account and FINALLY get a smartphone...

Is it just LG? Or can I walk into a KT or SK store or whatever and use the Certificate of Alien Registration and get a Samsung Galaxy S2 no problem?

Are there any good 4G phones comparable to the Samsung Galaxy S2 (4G version is coming out in October...just wondering if there's any good ones out now...)

Sorry...I've only been in Korea a little under a month.  Excuse the grammatical errors...stressful day today. ???

• andmckvr13
  • Explorer

• September 08, 2011, 02:49:55 pm
    • Yeongdong
Re: Smartphone...can I buy one with a Certificate of Alien Registration?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:34:07 pm »
i was able to get my iphone from KT without the need for an ARC. It was a bit of a hassle though once I got my ARC because my account was jointed with another Korean customer. Luckily my co-teacher helped me take care of it. I would just try going into KT to see what they can do for you if you haven't already done so. 

• edge518
  • Adventurer

• July 31, 2011, 06:10:41 am
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 07:30:21 pm »
Thanks for the help andmckvr13!!! :)

Luckily my Gyopo friend helped me out and convinced the people to accept my Certificate of Alien Registration since it has the ARC number. I just have to bring my Bank Book and ARC when I receive it. So happy right now!!! I can survive in Korea a lot easier with this technology!!! So yes you can get a Smartphone without an ARC...just have to have some Korean help and find some nice people that will let you bring in stuff as you get them.  ;D

Samsung Galaxy S2!!!!  8)

• popeye2u
  • Expert Waygook

• April 05, 2011, 09:45:37 am
    • S of N. Korea
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:18:33 am »
Why the hurry?  Just wait for the ARC card.  Paitience is a virtue.
Illegally Screwed By Employers in Korea:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628928127347749/