Read 1760 times

• ricky_wwkk
  • Waygookin

• September 10, 2012, 06:12:37 am
    • Sangju, South Korea
미래엔 (Mirae-en)- Lesson 12 - "You know what?"
« on: February 04, 2013, 12:27:20 pm »
This is my first time posting but I think the lesson I had went really well.

Feel free to give me feedback as you see fit.

I have an introductory AND review ppt for the first period and a bit of extra on the use of articles "a" and "some".

The main activity was a tic-tac-toe game using the key expression- "You know what? I have a special ________ for you."

:smiley:

• tinawhoo15
  • Waygookin

• August 29, 2012, 05:50:48 am
    • Seoul, South Korea
Re: 미래엔 (Mirae-en)- Lesson 12 - "You know what?"
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:37:24 pm »
Clearing out my files. These are the powerpoints I used last semester for this lesson. I obviously can't take credit for some of the powerpoints BUT I did edit and change them to fit this lesson! Hope it helps :)

I'll explain how to use each PPT:

Class Survey:
All the students ask "You know what?"
Then reveal the picture or fact and the students have to say "I can't believe it" or "What a surprise!" and you take a vote on who believes it's a lie or truth.

Whatever the answer is....then those students get a point!

Telepathy Game:
students run to a corresponding corner to what they think is true. As each option goes down, the students at the corresponding corner sits down and the last students standing get a point!

2 Truths and 1 Lie:
students write 2 truths and 1 lie about them. after they come up and they say "you know what? _____________" then the rest of the class respond with "i can't believe it" or "what a surprise!" the students have to guess which one is a lie!

gangnam style review game:
as per usual review bomb game.

pass the ball:
pass the ball around and when the music stops the student has to stand up and say "you know what? I ________" and everyone else or you can pick one or two students to respond accordingly with key expressions.

you know what game:
the students all ask "you know what!" then you reveal the fact. then the students are given white boards and they have to write "wow! what  a surprise" (they agree) or "really? I can't believe it" (they don't agree). after you reveal the fact if it's true or not and students get points accordingly