Read 1767 times

• Tempie
  • Waygookin

• August 23, 2011, 09:41:22 pm
    • Daegu
Movie Rentals
« on: September 08, 2011, 12:40:36 pm »
I love to watch movies and want to know where I can rent or maybe even buy English DVDs. I'd prefer to buy them here in Daegu, but I'm willing to travel a bit.

• madison79
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• October 19, 2010, 01:26:04 pm
    • Interweb
Re: Movie Rentals
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:03:51 pm »
I love to watch movies and want to know where I can rent or maybe even buy English DVDs. I'd prefer to buy them here in Daegu, but I'm willing to travel a bit.

I would suggest investing in a good portable hard drive and learn to torrent movies.  If your hell bent on buying them I would look at play asia or another website.  Honestly, torrents are so nice and easy.  Why spend the extra cash in Korea if you don't have to. 
It's -ev to deal with some people.

• Tempie
  • Waygookin

• August 23, 2011, 09:41:22 pm
    • Daegu
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 02:16:36 pm »
I've know about torrents for years and I used it in the past, but I do want to watch movies and use my laptop seperately. And the whole stealing thing doesn't sit to well with me anymore. Also torrents can be a pain in the butt if the seeding isn't great, etc.

I'm not really interested in buying movies as renting them. I'll give play asia a try.

• dmhr25
  • Super Waygook

• October 03, 2010, 04:07:38 pm
    • Incheon
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:21:49 pm »
Check your local public library.  I'm in Incheon and they have the biggest movie selection I've ever seen.

• Jozigirl
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• May 03, 2011, 07:37:47 am
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:30:15 pm »
There's a movie rental place near my apartment.  It's really cheap to rent movies (about 2000 won I think) and you just need your ARC and address to do so. 

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:32:23 pm »
I don't know about Daegu, but up here in Yongin, we have a chain of DVD/Comic Book rental stores. The sign is a blue circle with a bear (?) in the middle. I can't remember the name, but when I do I'll post it!

It's easy to sign up. You just give your basic info and a Korean person's phone number (co-teacher or friend). Rentals are cheap too!

Keep you eye out for Comic Book rental places, as those usually have DVDs too.

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 02:58:00 pm »
I can't help you WRT Daegu, but your best bet is to just look around. Where I live (Ilsan), I've seen a bunch of DVD/comic book/etc. rental places. They tend to be near more highly residential areas, which makes sense.

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 02:44:18 pm »
DVD rental stores are still around.  The last time I went into one to ask about signing up to rent a dvd, the owner wanted a deposit from me.  I told him that I never give deposit money for renting dvd's and walked out.  I was surprised he asked for a deposit, actually.  Has anyone else ever been asked for a deposit?  I prefer to buy the dvds of my favorite movies.  I l ike being able to watch them whenever I want.