Read 145746 times

• jayd22j
  • Waygookin

• September 28, 2010, 08:25:41 am
    • South Korea
Re: Middle School books by Christian H. Kim?
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2011, 10:13:01 am »
Hey guys,
Is there any reason the PPT's aren't showing up in people's posts? Or is that just my computer having problems? Haha

• Ichi
  • Adventurer

• August 20, 2010, 05:48:32 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2011, 10:34:58 am »
there was an announcement on the main page.  here's the info

Major Change:  I've had to modify permissions such that only users with a post count of greater than 5 can download lesson plans and attachments.  Not sure what happened exactly to cause the huge upsurge this month, but we had 21TB of downloads... that's TB, not GB.   Meaning a massive bills we can't keep up with.  Posting "empty" topics, will earn you a permanent ban

• johnkim
  • Adventurer

• January 10, 2011, 12:22:39 am
    • Pohang Korea
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2011, 10:35:57 am »
so... is Christian H Kim korean?

• jdog1234
  • Explorer

• March 16, 2011, 12:14:01 pm
    • korea
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2011, 10:41:34 am »
I dont know.  I am assuming yes. Laura I used the same skeelo song, but didnt get much of a response from the students.  There skill levels r pretty low tho.

• jayd22j
  • Waygookin

• South Korea
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2011, 10:45:30 am »
Well in that case, here's a fun lesson to do when you have extra time (not book related).

• jayd22j
  • Waygookin

• South Korea
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2011, 11:53:02 am »
Also a nice template for Jeopardy when the time comes for review before mid-term's and finals.

• gangnam
  • Explorer

• October 31, 2010, 10:15:04 pm
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:31 pm »
For Grade 1 Lesson 3
Activity 1
I went over opening Listen & Speak 1 A activity. Had the students answer some comprehension questions then identify the common expression used ("Do you like ...").
I gave the students a list of categories and they had to complete 5 what do you like/ don't like about our school.
Once finished I had the students share their likes and dislikes with the class.

Activity 2
I have the students complete Listen and Speak 2 A. Then I asked them to Identify the next common expression ("Do yo know how to ....").
Next I had the students sit in pairs of girl/ guy and they asked each other A: What do you know how to do well? + explain 'how to do ...'
B: What can't you do well? + explain 'why you can't do it'.
We changed pairs three times, then the students shared their information.

• gangnam
  • Explorer

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2011, 03:28:39 pm »
Grade 3 Lesson 3 - I wish

PPT to go with grade 3 lesson 3. Main idea is 'I Wish'. Went through the key phrases fromt he dialogue, then gave them some example sentences and had them make up their own. The played the song by Skee-lo. 'i wish'. They had to listen twice then try to tell me what he wished.
Then I had them work in groups and come up with their own rhymes using 'I wish' sentences. The results were pretty funny!
Oh and theres a slide with a pic of me that you should probably change!!

Laura123
I'm curious to know what kind of example sentences you gave to class. Also, did you give the students a worksheet with the words to the Skee-lo "I wish" song? and or creating their own rhymes?

• gangnam
  • Explorer

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2011, 08:58:27 pm »
Grade 3 Lesson 3 - I wish

PPT to go with grade 3 lesson 3. Main idea is 'I Wish'. Went through the key phrases fromt he dialogue, then gave them some example sentences and had them make up their own. The played the song by Skee-lo. 'i wish'. They had to listen twice then try to tell me what he wished.
Then I had them work in groups and come up with their own rhymes using 'I wish' sentences. The results were pretty funny!
Oh and theres a slide with a pic of me that you should probably change!!

Laura123
I would love to see the PPT for this lesson idea BUT due to the new restriction ... Guess it's time to start posting!

• gangnam
  • Explorer

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2011, 09:02:26 pm »
I just tried another lesson for my 3 graders lesson 3 because the computer wasnt working, and it went well!

I actually found it on here, but i cant remember where so credit goes to whoever posted it here first...
I printed out a few pages with lists of nouns and verbs, just random words. I cut them into little squares and write on the back of each one of the following...
1 wish : one point
2 wishes: 2 points etc
sad face: no points
*1 : you can take one point from another team
*2: you can take 2 points from another team etc

then i just put them in a plastic bag.
After we had read the dialogue in the book and gone over the key phrases, I brke the class into four teams.
I wrote on the board:
I wish i could...
I wish i was/were...
I wish i had...

The took turns, one member from each team had to come up to the board and write a correct sentence with the word they pick out of the bag, with the corresponding points on the back of the word they pick
For example: A student comes up and picks out the word 'clean' he has to pick the appropriate sentence formation ie: i wish i was and then use the word to complete the sentence 'I wish i was clean today' then he gets the points that are written on the back of the word.
hope that makes sense, it went well!

Laura123
Thanks for posting this lesson plan. I will definitely use this idea for my Grade 3 Lesson 3 class. 

• gangnam
  • Explorer

« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »
Grade 2 Lesson 3
Looking for an activity to compliment the Listening and Speaking 1 and 2 expressions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:12:31 pm by gangnam »

• johnod
  • Explorer

• March 12, 2011, 02:11:18 pm
    • Daejeon
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2011, 09:18:14 am »
Clairemaree,

Thanks so much for the Pencil Game PPT for Grade 2. Had a student teacher in my class during the week and it really made the lesson.

For Grade 1's I normally do a vocabularly relay race at the end of most classes. Two teams of 6, two pieces of chalk, boys v girls where each team has to write as many words on the board as possible relating to the day's theme in a given time limit.

It tends to get very competitive so they really pay attention during class.

• jayd22j
  • Waygookin

• South Korea
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2011, 08:29:32 am »
This PPT was posted earlier by Deltablues. Thanks! The template is great so you can change the questions however you like. I decided to do a hybrid bomb game for Grade 3, using both lessons 2 and 3. I made it more like a scavenger hunt where the students have to use their books to find the answers (some of the questions require us to do activities like 'Listen & Speak' and forth). If there's time at the end of class you can practice the Conversation section of Lesson 3.

« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2011, 08:29:58 am »
for the "i wish" lesson i went over different things they could make wishes on (birthday candles, falling stars, etc.) and then taught them "star light, star bright." we had a contest to see who could remember the nursery rhyme in its entirety. then i talked to them about the make-a-wish foundation. showed them a couple videos and asked some basic questions. afterwards they used different stems (i wish i were..., i wish i could meet...) to make their own wishes. i'd initially planned for them to play the genie game but we ran out of time.

• jayd22j
  • Waygookin

• South Korea
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2011, 08:31:22 am »
Oops, here's the ppt

• CombattlerV
  • Adventurer

• October 14, 2010, 01:44:36 pm
    • Busan, South Korea
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2011, 09:52:22 am »
For I wish I was I did one of my favourite drinking games.  After showing a PPT on the expression and doing the listening and short role play activities in the book as I am required to do, I put them in teams and each team had to say a different I wish I were sentence.  If they said the same thing as another team, point went against them.  Later, for I wish I had I would do categories, so mobile phones, or types of shoes, or food.  Really made the kids actually have to listen to each other.  Worked quite well.  Students were also keeping little shortlists of what other teams were saying to help them.

• Es
  • Explorer

• March 08, 2011, 12:58:00 pm
    • seoul
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2011, 11:45:36 am »
Good idea thanks

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2011, 02:35:22 pm »
This is the lesson I used for Cupid's Arrows. My co-teachers asked me to do something regarding giving directions, so I used this ppt. For the "Love Game" at the end I have the hazards pop up when clicking so that the students have to think of their feet about telling Cupid where to go in order to hit his targets.

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2011, 02:40:54 pm »
For my second lesson on Cupid's Arrows my teachers wanted me to make a reading for the students so that they can include questions from it on our midterm. So, I found a version of the Icarus story ( to keep with the myth theme in the book) and made this ppt and handout for the students to use to learn the story and vocabulary.

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2011, 02:48:40 pm »
This is the ppt I used for Lesson 1 Grade 2. There is s about How To Books in their text, so I used the PPT to show the students some funny examples, and then had them make their own how to books with a handout.