Read 3541 times

• vinny
  • Waygookin

• August 29, 2011, 10:19:34 am
    • Gimcheon
Good guitar shops?
« on: September 08, 2011, 12:16:06 pm »
Does anyone know some good guitar shops (any city) selling a variety of genuine Fenders/Rickenbakers etc?

Re: Good guitar shops?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 12:40:03 pm »
It helps to know where you are, but the best possible place is going to be in Seoul.  There's a market (someone could help out with that) that sells a whole gang of foreign guitars.  I've found some Korean guitars as unsatisfactory...un balanced, action is too high, etc.
You get what you give :)

• vinny
  • Waygookin

• August 29, 2011, 10:19:34 am
    • Gimcheon
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:13:55 pm »
I'm about 45mins from Daegu, but would rather travel then settle for less

• tornado
  • Newgookin

• November 23, 2010, 08:45:14 am
    • Hadong
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 01:22:49 pm »
Insadong in Seoul has a huge market with all major brands plus Korean made guitars. I ve seen Fenders and Gibson there not sure about Rickenbakers. Good luck!!

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 02:24:37 pm »
Nakwon arcade in Seoul is the place to go, for sure. If you don't mind traveling, that is. It's absolutely amazing. I got lost in there for a good 5 hours or so. Just google it, you'll get info on how to get there and what to expect. It's pretty darn easy to find, and if you at least get to the right subway stop, you can ask around.

If you want somewhere closer to home, however, Myeong Deok subway station in Daegu has a whole street of guitar (and other musical instrument) shops. It's right outside the exit (can't remember exactly what exit, but the street shouldn't be hard to find....just keep trying the different exits till you see a guitar shop as soon as you walk up the stairs and onto the street.

Good luck!