Read 10239 times

Bachelor Party in Seoul?
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:08:50 am »
So a friend of mine who is living in Gangnam is getting married in November and I am one of the people charged with the task of planning a bachelor party. I am looking for suggestions on how to make it memorable. My only stipulations are that I do not want to spend a boatload of money and, while I could possibly be open to ideas involving (ahem) live entertainment, nothing that could compromise the integrity of the groom please.

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
Re: Bachelor Party in Seoul?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:50:07 am »
Bachelor party...no money to spend...no "entertainment"...good luck! Lots of kimchi maybe?

Seriously, a bachelor party should be out of control, unless things have changed a lot in the intervening years.
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:03:36 am »
How about doing a few activities throughout the night so that it can be fun without costing  a lot of money?

One activity can be a get-together to watch a funny comedy with the guys, or watch football or something like that. That should be fairly cheap, and even free if you download the movie and watch it at a friend's house.

Then you can go out for dinner. For guys, dinners aren't that expensive. You can always order chicken and have some beer at home, since it'll be cheaper that way.

After dinner, you can get together to play soccer or go clubbing. Or another activity that you guys enjoy doing together as a group. You can talk about how your single life was, how it has changed, and how it will change when your friend get married. You give him advices, reminisce on the good old days, tell jokes, etc.

Or if you want to do something more extreme, you can have a day time bachelor party of white water rafting. It's unique, and it's just one event hat you have to pay for. And since people are pitching in, it shouldn't cost too much.

Isn't a bachelor party about celebrating with your friend? Why does it have to have strippers or anything like that? There are lots of other fun things to do.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 11:15:11 am »
Dinner could be cheaper because guys tend to eat simpler. For guys, getting together and jsut have chicken and beer might be enough. For women, they tend to spend more on healthy alternatives, fancy salads, 3 course meals. I just feel like guys are more chill with what they eat, especially when hanging out with other male friends for a fun night.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 11:31:59 am »
I was thinking in terms of a bachelor party. For a bridal shower (I don't now if this can be compared to a bachelor party), women tends to have appetizers, dinner courses, and dessert while they chit chat and play games and things like that. I just feel that men are more easy-going. If that's not the case, and men much prefer 3 courses meals for their bachelor party, then you're right, dinner won't be cheaper for men.

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 11:42:52 am »
Ok, I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I am willing to spend quite a bit on this thing, I just don't want to be absurd about it.  Anyone have some actual suggestions for places to go?

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 11:52:06 am »
And I agree with a previous poster. Strippers do not have to be involved. I am open to a variety of ideas as all who will be involved are pretty easygoing guys. I am just looking for options because I have not been in Korea that long and I want to get some ideas that maybe we wouldn't think of. Yes, I am happy to spend a good amount of money to make it memorable but, as I said, nothing absurd.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 11:56:03 am by Mountiandrue »

• Ley_Druid
  • The Legend

• February 17, 2011, 08:36:33 am
    • Shinan-Gun, Jeollanam-Do, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 12:19:58 pm »
Dinner could be cheaper because guys tend to eat simpler. For guys, getting together and jsut have chicken and beer might be enough. For women, they tend to spend more on healthy alternatives, fancy salads, 3 course meals. I just feel like guys are more chill with what they eat, especially when hanging out with other male friends for a fun night.

Wow... all my girlfriend wants is chicken and beer. I don't even drink, but she would be happy if that was her food for the rest of her life... or maybe steak and some "Sham-pag-in"

• LoloRising
  • Adventurer

• January 04, 2011, 11:17:56 am
    • Changwon South Korea
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 12:50:58 pm »
I love how Papa Gorilla in Hongdae has 6 shots of tequila for 10,000won. Plus, mixed drinks are cheap too. Little pre-drink there?
Only strip like show I've ever really seen in korea were at the nightclubs, so I'm of no help there...

• Cereal
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 16, 2011, 12:51:55 pm
    • Earth
    more
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 01:09:56 pm »
Bungee jumping? White water rafting? Three course meals? Downloading a movie and watching it at a friend's house? Watching a football game?

Bachelor parties really have changed.

How about a knitting circle, or quilting? Maybe you could go mountain climbing and eat ramen noodles when you get to the top. Don't forget to bring a crash-cart in case someone's heart fails due to the stress of too much excitement.
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 01:21:17 pm »
Yeah, as much as I disapprove of the way he says it, I have to agree with Cereal. Although I do think that bungee jumping is a great idea for a daytime activity. Bring on more ideas like that! But I want to get a little more crazy at night. Any clubs that are a little cheaper than the likes of Heaven or Eden, but still quality? I heard Club Mass is great and slightly less expensive, but I'm not sure.

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 01:32:28 pm »
1. How about a cruise on Hangang.... start the night chillin with a few beers, taking in the sunset followed by dinner and then clubbing in Hongdae. 

2. Go on a bar crawl.... play pub (hof) golf.... dress up in fancy dress...

3. Go to Mooido (?), island near Incheon.  Stay in a pension or camp on the beach.... take loads of beer, have a BBQ/fire on the beach and get messy.  ???

I did number 3 a couple of years ago for a mates stag do.  I'm sure as long as your mate has a good time and is in the company of his mates then it shouldn't matter where you go....

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:08:15 am »
ok this is what I would do.
Get some bottles of soju's and beers. and a loud boom box-with some funky music.
Get a van.
Drive to the DMZ area.
and lastly, have fun there.
It will be real memorable (and cheap as well!)

the downside of this is, u may be in the news. but heck. its a bachelor party right?

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 08:47:57 am »
Bungee jumping? White water rafting? Three course meals? Downloading a movie and watching it at a friend's house? Watching a football game?

Bachelor parties really have changed.

How about a knitting circle, or quilting? Maybe you could go mountain climbing and eat ramen noodles when you get to the top. Don't forget to bring a crash-cart in case someone's heart fails due to the stress of too much excitement.

Hahahahahahahahaha!! You just made my day

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 09:54:08 am »
We have done 2 bachelor parties in Seoul and they were both epic... We all wore white t-shirts that we decorated as we saw fit. On the back of one of the shirts we wrote a list of tasks that had to be completed. The bachelor has to act as the wingman for getting these tasks completed. The tasks ranged from making a human pyramid with a korean on top to getting an "old-fashioned" on the dance floor. We had like 60 or 70 tasks and we completed lots of them. Once people know that its a bachelor party they are usually willing to help knock off some tasks. When a task is completed cross it off and have the civilian that helped initial next to it. Just make sure you have lots of tasks and make sure they are good ones.