Read 8210 times

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
HOW TO SEARCH THIS SITE
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:44:57 pm »
Before posting a new topic, PLEASE try searching first.

I prefer using Google to search this site (and other forums).

- www.google.com

- type "site:waygook.org [search term]" without the quotes

- for example, "site:waygook.org sending money home"

Otherwise, use the search function located at the top-right corner.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

• rach229
  • Veteran

• September 08, 2011, 07:57:51 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
Re: HOW TO SEARCH THIS SITE
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:31:53 am »
I didn't try Google but I tried searching on here for my topic question but nothing related came up!

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 03:25:16 pm »
I didn't try Google but I tried searching on here for my topic question but nothing related came up!

If you're not getting any results at all, it's always best to double-check with google. When the site's experiencing heavy traffic, it will often just timeout on the search and return no results, regardless of whether or not there is actually anything to be found.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:09:33 pm »
This will certainly help.  I'm having trouble finding what I want, as I'm very new here as well.  Where do I post stuff?  I want to contribute to the site (and make my minimum 5 posts) but I don't know where to post powerpoints that I've made.

• wright1140
  • Explorer

• March 04, 2012, 08:49:35 pm
    • Sangju, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:04:42 pm »
Thanks for the tip.  I was having trouble getting through all the info on this site!

• felixthecat
  • Explorer

• March 15, 2012, 10:38:02 am
    • Namyangju, South Korea
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:18:05 pm »
I am new to this site and I reckon with a little practice I could really get the hang of it. Right now it feels overwhelming to see people viewing one post ten thousand times. I do want to contribute as much as I can here as I believe this sharing community should be encouraged and preserved.
Go learning!

• CellarDoor
  • Fanatical Supporter!

• February 22, 2011, 04:25:08 pm
    • Tennessee, USA or Korea
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:50 pm »
Can someone confirm or deny?  It seems like when I'm browsing one of the "Child Boards" (like Summer/Winter Camp Lessons, for example), when I enter a search term there, the search only looks within that child board, and not in any of the other boards on the site.  Is this correct?

I'm just trying to learn how to search a little more effectively here.  Sometimes I've been in a child board and typed a search expecting to see a particular thread come up, but it didn't  Maybe I needed to go back a few forum levels and search again?

• English Rose
  • Waygookin

• December 06, 2011, 09:14:42 am
    • Wonju, South Korea
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 03:57:49 pm »

If you're not getting any results at all, it's always best to double-check with google. When the site's experiencing heavy traffic, it will often just timeout on the search and return no results, regardless of whether or not there is actually anything to be found.

I experienced the same thing. Thank you for the great tip! I'll start using a google waygook search from now on ^^

• shhowse
  • Featured Contributor

• August 25, 2009, 08:49:24 am
    • Mokpo
    more
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 03:41:42 pm »
Just a bump on this message to remind people a good method to search for something on this site!  ;D

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 04:35:06 pm »
thanks for the bump. I was wondering, as I'm new-er here

• Alfadur
  • Explorer

• October 30, 2017, 06:45:35 am
    • Daegu, Korea
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 10:27:59 am »
After reading this, I got to know a little.