Read 143 times

Anyone else planning on getting the RTX 3080?
« on: Yesterday at 07:36:07 am »
My PC is about 6yrs old (still using my 970) and I'm planning on building and assembling a new gaming rig when the RTX gets restocked in the coming weeks. Was planning on getting the PS5, but the lineup is pretty crap so I'll be waiting till sometime next year to pick one up.

Watched a RTX build on YouTube yesterday and was blown away by how much things have changed. Last time I assembled a PC you had to change the jumper settings on the back of your HDD depending on whether it was a 'slave' or 'master'.

Haven't assembled a PC or paid much attention to the scene in the past 15yrs so Im trying to work out my parts list.
Budget will be between 2 - 2.4mil. For that, I'm going to need a 4k gaming monitor too.

Thoughts?

• tylerthegloob
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• September 28, 2016, 10:46:24 am
    • Busan
    more
Re: Anyone else planning on getting the RTX 3080?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:47:59 am »
Last time I assembled a PC you had to change the jumper settings on the back of your HDD depending on whether it was a 'slave' or 'master'.

woaahhh easy there grandpa! i'd really love to get a 3080 but i'm interested in the new red boi (i'm waiting until the end of october to see what AMD will announce). but i'm probably gonna end up upgrading my GPU right before cyberpunk2077 (whenever that is).

anyway in terms of pc build stuff... i dont wanna preach to the choir but if anyone doesn't know these sites, they're pretty useful:
www.pcpartpicker.co m is helpful to keep track of everything
www.logicalincremen ts.com is helpful for beginners
www.danawa.com is where i ordered (most of) my parts from for my last build

anyway when you have a list (or pcpartpicker link) definitely send it over! i'd love to see what you're gonna build dude! i'm sure with that budget it'll be pretty solid though

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:52:02 am »
I'll probably snag one once I know if I'll be able to renew or not - due to not being able to travel until summer 2021 at the earliest, I'll be snagging a ps5 as early as I can - missed out on nz and korean preorders (though the korean pre orders were all snagged by bots within the first 10 seconds). and upgrading my pc - my pc is still pretty good, but I want to upgrade  while I can't travel, so it won't hinder any travel plans in the future. :D

• Kayos
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• March 31, 2016, 07:13:57 pm
    • NZ
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:54:23 am »
woaahhh easy there grandpa! i'd really love to get a 3080 but i'm interested in the new red boi (i'm waiting until the end of october to see what AMD will announce). but i'm probably gonna end up upgrading my GPU right before cyberpunk2077 (whenever that is).

anyway in terms of pc build stuff... i dont wanna preach to the choir but if anyone doesn't know these sites, they're pretty useful:
www.pcpartpicker.co m is helpful to keep track of everything
www.logicalincremen ts.com is helpful for beginners
www.danawa.com is where i ordered (most of) my parts from for my last build

anyway when you have a list (or pcpartpicker link) definitely send it over! i'd love to see what you're gonna build dude! i'm sure with that budget it'll be pretty solid though

I use compuzone in Korea too, it's all in Korean, but the owner/worker speaks a bit of English - they take pics and show ya before shipping to you, and they can assemble it before sending it to you as well. Prices on par with other Korean sites too, IMO.

• SPQR
  • Super Waygook

• March 08, 2018, 07:04:54 pm
    • Canada
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 08:35:58 am »
I don't see the point in paying a premium for the "latest" hardware
when it will be obsolete in under a year. If you walk around Yongsan
the newest GPUs are around a million won. The next best models are
half the price.

I just bought:  http://www.compuzone.co.kr/product/product_detail.htm?ProductNo=659503&BigDivNo=1&MediumDivNo=1001&DivNo=4200

Ryzen 7 3700X
Asrock B450 Pro4
16GB RAM
RTX2600 6GB
600W PS

1,099,000won

I can play any game on the highest video settings at 60fps with
no frame drops.

• theman3285
  • Hero of Waygookistan

• June 16, 2017, 09:01:06 am
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:28:21 am »
you had to change the jumper settings on the back of your HDD depending on whether it was a 'slave' or 'master'.
Haha, I remember these days. The motherboards had jumpers too, to set voltages and clock speeds. Later they became dipswitches.