Read 110216 times

Re: WHERE TO BUY FOREIGN PRODUCTS
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2016, 01:03:03 pm »
I've checked gmarket (too expensive) and ezshop (not in stock) for cream soda with no luck. Anyone have any luck ordering it or getting it at Homeplus, Emart etc?

Thanks^^

« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2016, 01:04:28 pm »
Tmon usually has lots of good stuff

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2016, 06:15:52 pm »
I can't bother to read back through this to see if I wrote before. 

In Seoul, the basements of the orange BYC building and the pruple building next to it in Namdaemun Market on Mon to Sat from 9 to 5, you can get many things brought off US Army bases.  There's the grocery section of Shinsegye Dept Store (Myeongdong, Central City Bus Terminal, etc), Itaewon Foriegn Food Mart and one across the street, High Street Market, etc.  These are the ones, in person, you can buy from.  I just did this recently in Seoul.  Sometimes, the Dept Stores are expensive, but sometimes they have some surprises reasonably priced, or things on sale.  Don't underestimate them sometimes.  Namdaemun, has medicines, vitamins, toothpaste (if you're fussy about certain brands, etc).  Itaewon is already well known.

Online, there are plenty of options, G Market, I Herb, Amazon, etc.  Some of these will depend on whether you have a credit card or not.  But Visa Debit may or may not be an alternative. 

Photo below.  BTW, white Japanese noodles pics have a salty taste and are pretty good.  So, is the "Creap" coffee creamer - best I've ever tasted actually.  Red package up top has Indian rice meals and are pretty good too.  Just boil package inside in a pot of water for a few minutes and serve.  I bought from all the places mentioned above in Seoul. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:20:21 pm by weigookin74 »

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2016, 06:21:52 pm »
IHerb, McCanns oatmeal is really good and reasonably cheap if that's your thing too. 

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2016, 07:51:09 am »
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy Nizoral shampoo in Korea? I searched Gmarket and it's shipped from overseas and takes a long time to arrive. Is it available to buy in pharmacies here?

• Embarr
  • Veteran

• August 11, 2013, 09:01:22 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2016, 08:04:59 am »
Has anyone been to a store in Seoul recently that offers a variety of foreign drinks? Specifically cream soda?

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2016, 08:28:54 am »
Has anyone been to a store in Seoul recently that offers a variety of foreign drinks? Specifically cream soda?

Shinsaegae department store supermarket section has loads of foreign stuff. They have waitrose from the UK for food and they sell quite a lot of different drinks including ginger beer, dr pepper, that Arizona ice tea stuff the Americans rave on about. Loads of variety in there.

• Embarr
  • Veteran

• August 11, 2013, 09:01:22 am
    • Daejeon, South Korea
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2016, 11:45:54 am »

Shinsaegae department store supermarket section has loads of foreign stuff. They have waitrose from the UK for food and they sell quite a lot of different drinks including ginger beer, dr pepper, that Arizona ice tea stuff the Americans rave on about. Loads of variety in there.

Haha, didn't realize anyone raved about Arizona ice tea, and I'm from Arizona.

Have you seen any cream soda there? Thanks.

« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2017, 05:47:57 pm »
I've probably posted by can't remember for sure.  Mon to Sat 9 to 5 pm in the building basement in Namdaemun market. 

• EPIKTEACH
  • Explorer

• September 18, 2017, 02:14:58 pm
    • South Korea
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2017, 02:32:40 pm »
Olive Young carries a lot of foreign brands as well

• cuthza
  • Waygookin

• March 02, 2017, 07:54:36 am
    • South Korea
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2017, 09:41:16 am »
Hello, does anyone have a place (preferably online) that I can find wheat bran? I can only find out and rice bran on iHerb, and the few I can find on gmarket are either really expensive or labeled as animal feed.

• Alfadur
  • Explorer

• October 30, 2017, 06:45:35 am
    • Daegu, Korea
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2017, 06:49:52 am »
Thanks for the tips:)

• Shreya_pandey
  • Waygookin

• December 29, 2017, 07:14:13 pm
    • USA
    more
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2018, 08:13:56 pm »
You always have online giants that will deliver it to you globally at your doorstep. Amazon, eBay is there.
One essential information about it could be that you can look for the products on the company's official website. They might take some additional delivery charges, but at least you can be rest assured about the quality and can later avail the customer support without any issue.
A home cook & food entrepreneur. Likes to experiment with food over health and nutrition concerns. Health Freak. Love to interact with people about everything. Open to all the new technologies, trends and lifestyle hacks going around the world.

« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2018, 05:36:51 pm »
123yts.net

• kea.kate
  • Adventurer

• April 04, 2018, 08:32:26 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2018, 01:24:04 am »
I had a pretty ok time buying from Gmarket except for once. Is Amazon faster delivery? If you're ordering a lot is the international shipping crazy expensive? @.@

« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2018, 02:06:37 am »
Good luck with Amazon, it seems completely random if they will ship stuff to Korea or not. There are shipping companies in the US that will accept packages you order then ship them on to Korea, but their websites are either only in Korean or too complicated.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

• Nokcha
  • Super Waygook

• August 22, 2012, 02:37:27 pm
    • Seoul
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2018, 07:30:52 am »
If it hasn't already been done so, some links to the websites that offer the shipping you're talking about would be super helpful.

I know I've used Borderfree Shipping a couple of times, https://www.borderfree.com/ and had good luck with them.

:)

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2018, 10:39:57 am »
I love Coupang's rocket 직구. They've really beefed up their offerings, imo. 30,000 won+ for free shipping and it arrives within 5 business days (personal experience), not too bad.

• kea.kate
  • Adventurer

• April 04, 2018, 08:32:26 am
    • Seoul
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2018, 02:03:47 am »
Good luck with Amazon, it seems completely random if they will ship stuff to Korea or not. There are shipping companies in the US that will accept packages you order then ship them on to Korea, but their websites are either only in Korean or too complicated.

Oh really? Could you let me know what some of them are? I know some Korean or could have someone help me translate if I can't figure it out  :cheesy:

« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2018, 02:42:25 pm »
Has High Street Market closed down? Or will it close down soon? I noticed everything on their website is sold out.