Read 2884 times

• Death Walrus
  • Adventurer

• March 09, 2011, 08:33:12 am
    • Daegu, South Korea
KEB site is killing me
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:49:57 am »
I need to send money to my Bank of America account back home, but I can't work the site.
I tried the "Global Wire Transfer" option, but i get confused with how to fill out the forms (purpose of transfer for example).
Then when I fill everything out there are errors like "you've exceeded your transfer limit."

Then I noticed I have the option of transfering money to Bank of America in the "Immediate Transfer" section of the site.
What is the difference between transfering money through "Global Wire Transfer" and "Immediate Transfer"?
Is using "Immediate Transfer" safe for sending money to a Bank of America account?

Thanks for all your help.
I'm a wreck when it comes to finances.

Re: KEB site is killing me
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:58:19 am »
Join the "Korea Exchange Bank for Expats" facebook group and post this on their wall. They will get back to you in no time with a solution.

• confusedsafferinkorea
  • Waygook Lord

• October 08, 2010, 01:02:32 pm
    • Zhubei, Hsinchu Province, Taiwan
    more
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 11:08:40 am »
I need to send money to my Bank of America account back home, but I can't work the site.
I tried the "Global Wire Transfer" option, but i get confused with how to fill out the forms (purpose of transfer for example).
Then when I fill everything out there are errors like "you've exceeded your transfer limit."

Then I noticed I have the option of transfering money to Bank of America in the "Immediate Transfer" section of the site.
What is the difference between transfering money through "Global Wire Transfer" and "Immediate Transfer"?
Is using "Immediate Transfer" safe for sending money to a Bank of America account?

Thanks for all your help.
I'm a wreck when it comes to finances.

Have you been into to the bank and setup the account you want to transfer to? You have to do this first or you cannot do it on the net.

PM me and I will give you my number and we can chat and I will help you. I have used it for 3 years and no problem at all.
Everything is not as it seems.

No one owes you anything.... get over it.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• K
  • Super Waygook

• November 03, 2010, 05:38:27 pm
    • SK
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:10:28 pm »
Have you created your 'Easy One' account? Once you have this, you can easily transfer money home. This account will be a second account and will be linked to your home account. You just do an immediate transfer to the Easy One account and that money will automatically go to your home account. For me, it usually takes less than 1 day! It's so useful.

To set up your Easy One account I think you need your Swift Code number, passport, and ARC.

• Death Walrus
  • Adventurer

• Daegu, South Korea
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 12:20:21 pm »
i have set my account up for wiring money at the branch already.
i'm confused about whether to do "Global Wire Transfer" or "Immediate Transfer."
I have Bank of America at home so both are an option.
When i try to do global wire transfer the site tells me i have exceeded the limit, but i'm not trying to send that much. ugh.

• K
  • Super Waygook

• November 03, 2010, 05:38:27 pm
    • SK
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 12:39:07 pm »
Do the immediate transfer!

When it asks for what account to send the money to, put in the Korean account number (Easy one account).

• Death Walrus
  • Adventurer

• Daegu, South Korea
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 12:55:26 pm »
but if i send it to my korean account, the money isn't getting to my bank of america account.
bank of america is an option in the immediate transfer section with the other korean banks.
i guess because there are bank of americas in korea.
can't i just send it there?
i don't know if i have this "easy one" account.

• Davey
  • Moderator - LVL 3

• February 01, 2010, 01:36:20 pm
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 01:37:14 pm »
but if i send it to my korean account, the money isn't getting to my bank of america account.
bank of america is an option in the immediate transfer section with the other korean banks.

1) Global Wire - Transfer

2) Wire-trasnfer Purpose  "Foreign resident  or non-resident's salary & income(residing not over 1 year)." If you've been here longer than a year, pick "...residing over 1 year."

3) If you registered to send money overseas ONLINE at the branch, they would've given you a "Remittance No." Enter this number in the "Remittance No." field.

If you sent money home at the branch, that doesn't mean online overseas remittance will work automatically. It's another registration process.

(The next time you do a trasnfer, just click "Wire-transfer No." and then it'll show your remittance history. Just click on any one and then there'll be no need to type in the remittance number again.)

4) Fill out the rest of the info.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:44:28 pm by Davey »
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html